2020 Vista Ridge Marching Festival

Haven't seen anyone talk about this yet, but I was looking at the Vista Ridge website for results and I found that they had already listed 2020 registrants posted. This is looking to be a good one.
https://www.vrhsband.org/marchingfestival/participants/

4A
Manor New Tech HS

5A
Anderson HS
Bastrop HS
Lehman HS
LBJ/LASA HS
Marble Falls HS
Robert E. Hendrickson HS
Weiss HS

6A
Akins HS
Belton HS
John Jay HS
John Marshall HS
John Paul Stevens HS
Louis D. Brandeis HS
McNeil HS
New Braunfels HS
Sandra Day O'Connor HS
Stony Point HS
William H. Taft HS

It's an interesting lineup. Dripping Springs who is usually in attendance isn't listed yet. Lake Travis reigning champions aren't listed yet. I do t think Lake Travis wills show up again anyways. The Vista Ridge Marching Contest has always been for smaller bands that are trying to find their place in the top ranks of the marching world and Lake Travis has done so. It's nice of them not to show up and leave room for smaller bands. Hendrickson is in a very similar position as Lake Travis was last year. A St Louis trio on the horizon potential not fully fulfilled they likely saw the push this contest gave to Lake Travis' program and decided to show up. They're a finals lock. 

Big San Antonio attendance as always. Brandeis is on the verge of finding themselves in a really nice spot BOA Wise and a good placement here means a good placement at the TMC which means good momentum for them. 

New Braunfels is a huge dark horse they finished last season surprisingly well going off that momentum they have a good chance for finals here.

Other thing to note Glenn isn't listed yet but I do not doubt they show up. They're regulars and without state to fill their calendars they need contests.

For bands truly to grow they need to keep competing with excellence, having top bands mixed in the competitions adds that spark and shows other organizations what it takes to perform at that level.  I don't think any top group should apologize or not attend, all are welcome to come out and compete.  I would love see Lake Travis, some of the other LISD bands or any band that want's to compete in a great competition attend!  The Vista Ridge Marching Festival is an excellent contest ran with excellence with top notch judges year in and out (and lot's of fun!).

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, TheHornplayer said:

It'll be an interesting turn out for sure, never thought I'd see Hendrickson on that list ever

I wonder if they are operating under the assumption that there will be no BOA events this fall, and they’re going local instead. I can see Leander and others doing the same thing if BOA does indeed cancel the season. 

On 4/11/2020 at 9:36 PM, Dog885 said:

Haven't seen anyone talk about this yet, but I was looking at the Vista Ridge website for results and I found that they had already listed 2020 registrants posted. This is looking to be a good one.
https://www.vrhsband.org/marchingfestival/participants/

4A
Manor New Tech HS

5A
Anderson HS
Bastrop HS
Lehman HS
LBJ/LASA HS
Marble Falls HS
Robert E. Hendrickson HS
Weiss HS

6A
Akins HS
Belton HS
John Jay HS
John Marshall HS
John Paul Stevens HS
Louis D. Brandeis HS
McNeil HS
New Braunfels HS
Sandra Day O'Connor HS
Stony Point HS
William H. Taft HS

Add Earl Warren

Adding 4A:
Wimberley HS

Drop:
Roma HS

Here's a full list as of 5/17/20

4A
Cuero HS
Lampasas HS
Manor New Tech HS
Wimberley HS

5A
Anderson HS
Bastrop HS
Cedar Creek HS
Georgetown HS
LBJ/LASA HS
Lehman HS
Marble Falls HS
Robert E. Hendrickson HS
Weiss HS

6A
Akins HS
Belton HS
Earl Warren HS
John Jay HS
John Marshall HS
John Paul Stevens HS
Louis D. Brandeis HS
McNeil HS
New Braunfels HS
Sandra Day O'Connor HS
Stony Point HS
William H. Taft HS

6 minutes ago, Dog885 said:

Add 6A:
Hutto HS

And this caps off the competition. There is now a wait list for the competition.

Hutto is a great addition! Saw them at BOASA in 2018 and was pleasantly surprised!