Forums Updated for 2020!

Xenon

This site looks great on the computer! There are some minor bugs on the mobile version though, such as the site taking extraordinarily long times to load and Poster's names not showing above each post as each post runs into the other, as well as the heading of the site being cluttered and hard to use as different features are covered up. Also, I miss the ability to see the leader board that shows top posters in terms of number of total posts. IIRC I was almost top ten and I just wanted to check in on that. The leaderboard on this site is a tad more confusing and less helpful. 

Thank you and sorry for all of the nitpicking, just trying to help you make the transition smoother and the website run better!

16 hours ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

This site looks great on the computer! There are some minor bugs on the mobile version though, such as the site taking extraordinarily long times to load and Poster's names not showing above each post as each post runs into the other, as well as the heading of the site being cluttered and hard to use as different features are covered up. Also, I miss the ability to see the leader board that shows top posters in terms of number of total posts. IIRC I was almost top ten and I just wanted to check in on that. The leaderboard on this site is a tad more confusing and less helpful. 

Thank you and sorry for all of the nitpicking, just trying to help you make the transition smoother and the website run better!

You can still check the lists on the leaderboard - when you get to the leaderboard, click on the Top Members tab. It defaults to overview. Just click that for a drop down and select Most Posts.

20 hours ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Thank you - this is really helpful! It was definitely intentional to make these changes in the slow period of the site so I can uncover some of the inevitable bugs. I spent a lot of time on the rest of the site outside the forums, but our forums are actually a commercially available software package (invision board) to which we made minimal modifications.

• Are you noticing the slowness on the whole site or is this specific to the forums?
  • I will go back and revert some of the design updates I made to the forums and see if I can get the display bugs fixed.
  • Does the post above from @TWHSParent answer the leaderboard question? I never really looked at that section so I'm not sure what may still be missing.

On 3/21/2020 at 6:04 PM, Xenon said:

In case you haven't noticed, we have a new, fresh, and much more modern look to the Forums thanks to a big software upgrade from @Clarinot!

There's lots of new functionality (like tags) to play around with and I'm sure that some things may be broken.

Let us know what you think and if you have found any problems!

I love it!  Thanks @Clarinot!

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the early round of feedback. Some updates to share with you all:

• Mobile display issues: I believe these are fixed now, as I am able to see the username above each post now. The header does look better to me as well, as the rest-of-the-site nav menu has been incorporated into the forums nav menu.
  • I haven't been able to replicate slow load times, but if anyone is encountering these please let me know where you're seeing them and we can take a look.

Also, I know the other site features (live blog, predictions) aren't widely used in the off-season but if there is any feedback on how these look either now or in the fall please let us know!

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, LostChoirGuy said:

Thank you for updating the site!  I must admit that I got a bit scared when I first tried logging in on mobile and it was different than I was used to so I haven't been back on in a few weeks.  I'm sure I will get used to the changes, but it takes me some time haha.

It does look nice though!

Oh good. It’s not just me!  ??