2020 Band Productions

49 minutes ago, chesteriop said:

Birdville HS from North Richland Hills TX.

"The Ruins"

Music by: Alfred Reed, Panu Aaltio, William Pitts, and Gavin Greenaway

Very good, underrated band

27 minutes ago, chesteriop said:

They're doing UsBands Saginaw, BOA Waco, Mansfield Preview of Champions, BISD Marching Festival, and Area F marching contest.

Birdville is doing Waco?? Thats awesome. After this year its possible the only regional in Tx they havent made finals at is Houston!

8 hours ago, chesteriop said:

I don't know if it's set in stone finals at Waco, as I'm even concerned for Aledo to be able to make finals with how stacked Waco is.

My locks would be leander, bowie, cedar ridge, round rock, sfa, waxahachie, owasso, seven lakes, and martin 

Yes, this is a very hard regional 

• 2 weeks later...

Hebron is gonna be playing the old marching band standby St Michael the Archangel this year, along with some more deliciously fugal and low brass heavy symphonic music. Didn’t recognize most of it instantly from a recording I heard, but it’ll be great to hear them return to a classical repertoire. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2020 at 8:01 PM, Magma31651 said:

Keller Central 2020:

"The Nature Of Time"

Featuring works by:

Pink Floyd

Coldplay

Cyndi Lauper

Aaron Guidry 

Evan Blackard

Quite a shame to not be able to see this show now that KISD announced that their schools won't be having a competitive season. I love Coldplay!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, gregorydf01 said:

Video introduction to the Vista Ridge 2020 show.

I will so love seeing and hearing parts of these 3 great shows!   They were my youngest's last 3 years of High School Band and lots of great memories.

I think this is a great idea and I love that I've seen several bands doing it. Now to convince my director to let us do this...

I was so excited to see Lumberton's show tonight! The only bad thing was that right as the band was about to perform (They are performing their show, not a non-competitive show), Mother Nature decided to not allow the band to play and dumped loads of rain for about 15 minutes and then went away as halftime ended. Soooo the band never got to perform which sucks. I know everyone in my town is dying to see our band perform so I guess we will have to wait another week. :(

May be slightly off topic, but there is a livestream from Avon's football game last night and you can see and somewhat hear what they are doing. Seems to be a legitimate show paying homage to the past decade of their shows (closer from 2010 and opener from 2013, drill reference from 2015, props from 2019, etc. ). Really sad it won't be at competitions because it was absolutely great to watch