2020 Season: Bands to look out for

• 1 month later...

Definitely gotta point out Johnson from Buda. Year 2 for them and from what I'm hearing from the kids there that left Jack C. Hays due to redistricting is it'll be a dark themed show. 

Also can't count out my Rebs from Jack C. Hays. Just from the show trailer and having access to the first 3 parts...wow. If they pull it together I can see them putting up a strong fight in Area D.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, iLikeDrumCorps said:

Just a heads up Del Rio's show is going to be pretty spicy this year

Cant wait to see it! Criminally underrated group.

• 3 weeks later...

On the hornrank forums I saw that Douglas MacArthur from San Antonio will be attending BOA Houston. Alot of yall might not be familiar with this program, but they are an NEISD band that quietly went from a 2nd division band of around 75 members to a very strong band of 200+ members this last season. I predict this band will at least be top 15.

8 minutes ago, Cityscapes said:

On the hornrank forums I saw that Douglas MacArthur from San Antonio will be attending BOA Houston. Alot of yall might not be familiar with this program, but they are an NEISD band that quietly went from a 2nd division band of around 75 members to a very strong band of 200+ members this last season. I predict this band will at least be top 15.

Top 15?!  Wow, that’s an impressive prediction!  

11 minutes ago, LeanderMomma said:

Top 15?!  Wow, that’s an impressive prediction!  

At BOA Houston, yes! But if they make finals I wont be surprised, and I will be VERY happy!

2 hours ago, Cityscapes said:

Excited to see them make the trip down! Another band to add to the finals discussion for Houston

On 6/5/2020 at 1:27 AM, skizzboi said:

Colleyville Heritage from the DFW area has been criminally underrated

They are most certainly on the rise!  It looks like they are getting a new director this year, and word on the street is that someone from a major 6A powerhouse just down the street from them is headed that way.

What do y’all think about Lovejoy high school. They are a very small band, but made some sound these last two years, especially last, with winning all their contest prior to Area and then were two away from making state in Area b last year. 

Also, is Summit actually back down to 5a??? 

11 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

I thought summit was in Area B. Weren’t they in 2017?

Summit got screwed in 17. That show should have done WAY better competitively.

1 hour ago, Tubalord11 said:

Yeah, I’d say the other more known area b bands are Lovejoy, Wylie East, and The colony. Sherman is there, as well as McKinney North who didn’t have a good season last year, which was kinda surprising to me

I don't know much about their program, but I do know McKinney North had some staffing changes last year. I'm only aware of that because their current head director was our assistant director and their colorguard director was on our colorguard staff too. They're both great at what they do, but staff changes can still cause a band to have an off year. Maybe there's more to it but I thought I'd share what I know

1 minute ago, AlsoIntoSpace said:

I don't know much about their program, but I do know McKinney North had some staffing changes last year. I'm only aware of that because their current head director was our assistant director and their colorguard director was on our colorguard staff too. They're both great at what they do, but staff changes can still cause a band to have an off year. Maybe there's more to it but I thought I'd share what I know

Yeah that would make sense.