2020 Season: Bands to look out for

I'm also very interested about what Wylie is going to produce this upcoming year. I watched their San Antonio performance in person, and their 18th place finish this year was very well deserved and they didn't deserve anything lower than that. Very interested to see what they'll produce next year.

Me too! Could very well be a state qualifier.

I'm also very interested about what Wylie is going to produce this upcoming year. I watched their San Antonio performance in person, and their 18th place finish this year was very well deserved and they didn't deserve anything lower than that. Very interested to see what they'll produce next year.

I saw them just a weekend earlier at Duncanville and I had a feeling they were going to place high, but they exceeded even my expectations.

I think theres gonna be some shakeups in area F this season. Lots of bands in this area were either the best theyve ever been, or the best they have been in a long time. TWHS had a very crowd pleasing show that while not up to the level of the fantastic early decade shows, was very much improved over the last few years. Klein Oak likely had their best season in history with their fantastic train show this year that resulted in a top 30 appearance at BOASA and a great showing overall. Westfield and Spring, while not competitively where they once were YET, had WAY higher performance levels than they have the past few years. 2018 was the first year in decades we had a state show without either of them, but I have the feeling at least one of them will make it back in 2020. College Park had a shaky season that largely seemed to stem from a rough show design, but they are almost always better on state years. And as always, North Shore and Oak Ridge were great this year.

Area B will once again be an absolute bloodbath. With 5-6 bands advancing, you have to pick from:

Coppell

Duncanville

Haltom

Keller

Keller Central

LD Bell

Mansfield

Martin

Plano East

Prosper

Summit

Timber Creek

Waxahachie

So... who wins this one?

Not much, but Summit is now 5A so that will make it a tiny bit easier.

Area B will once again be an absolute bloodbath.  With 5-6 bands advancing, you have to pick from:

Coppell
Duncanville
Haltom
Keller
Keller Central
LD Bell
Mansfield
Martin
Plano East
Prosper
Summit
Timber Creek
Waxahachie

So... who wins this one?

Would hate to be a judge at this comp

Area B will once again be an absolute bloodbath. With 5-6 bands advancing, you have to pick from:

Coppell

Duncanville

Haltom

Keller

Keller Central

LD Bell

Mansfield

Martin

Plano East

Prosper

Summit

Timber Creek

Waxahachie

So... who wins this one?

Looking at the 2019 season Id say Haltom, LD Bell, Keller, Coppell, James Martin, and Waxahachie are the most solid contenders for state. Plano East and Keller Central also had stronger seasons than years past.

NEVER count out Duncanville haha

Edit: also Martin was awesome this year.

Ah yes, Duncanville will probably do great. I also missed Martin on the list, but I am confident they have a great shot at finally making it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...