2020 Season: Bands to look out for

Two Bands....

1.  Johnson HS from Buda!!  They won Class A in Austin so I guess you could argue they have already broken out but it was their first year of existence so I am real anxious to see what Year #2 brings!! 

2.  Also, keep an eye on our LISD sister school Rouse HS!!  Their first year in 3A last year they made some noise so I wonder if they will seriously challenge Cedar Park and Leander in 2020??

Breaking down some “bands to watch out for” by Region. Of course, I have a lot to say about the Houston area.

Austin: Will agree with Bowie and Westwood here. Also, how about Lake Travis? They are good!!

DFW: Despite going to college in this metro, it’s ironically the metro I know the least about (at least relatives to the number of great bands there). From what I’ve heard, I’d have to say James Martin, Coppell, and Haltom are 3 schools that are ready to break out very soon.

San Antonio: Sandra Day O’Connor’s doing some really cool stuff. Don’t really know many other bands from here, unfortunately.

Houston: Completely agree on Bridgeland; their 2019 production was GOOD! Other programs that I’m expecting to break out soon:

————

Cypress Woods (13th @ Austin AND Houston!!)

Dawson (14th @ Houston and a solid showing at SA), Tompkins (11th @ Houston...although they’re losing numbers next year),

Cinco Ranch (7th @ Cypress Showcase; very personal pick...I think these guys have been criminally underrated these past few years),

Klein Oak (16th @ Houston with a really fun Train show!)

And finally: the new Katy ISD school opening next year, Jordan HS! Their pool is Tompkins and Seven Lakes performers (Freshmen/Sophomores), so you can’t overlook this future group! Depending on staffing and their regional attendance, one of BOA classes A or AA will become much more interesting.

Breaking down some “bands to watch out for” by Region. Of course, I have a lot to say about the Houston area.

Austin: Will agree with Bowie and Westwood here. Also, how about Lake Travis? They are good!!

DFW: Despite going to college in this metro, it’s ironically the metro I know the least about. From what I’ve heard, I’d have to say James Martin, Coppell, and Haltom are 3 schools that are ready to break out very soon.

San Antonio: Thinking that McNeil can break out soon! Also, Sandra Day O’Connor’s doing some really cool stuff.

Houston: Completely agree on Bridgeland; their 2019 production was GOOD! Other programs that I’m expecting to break out soon:

————

Cypress Woods (13th @ Austin AND Houston!!)

Dawson (14th @ Houston and a solid showing at SA), Tompkins (11th @ Houston...although they’re losing numbers next year),

Cinco Ranch (7th @ Cypress Showcase; very personal pick...I think these guys have been criminally underrated these past few years),

Klein Oak (16th @ Houston with a really fun Train show!)

And finally: the new Katy ISD school opening next year, Jordan HS! Their pool is Tompkins and Seven Lakes performers (Freshmen/Sophomores), so you can’t overlook this future group! Depending on staffing and their regional attendance, one of BOA classes A or AA will become much more interesting.

Definetely agree about Cinco Ranch. What I saw in Cypress showcase finals was very very impressive.