2020 4A state predictions and results

On 10/20/2020 at 11:08 AM, J-Mike16 said:

No, I know region 10's deadline is on the 23rd.

This was Godley’s performance in week 7 of 4A football. It’s not their full show. They’re doing very good! They were not able to go to the Ferris game last week and have a bye week this week, so we’ll see what the FULL SHOW looks like against Hillsboro on October 30th. No update as to where Alvarado(Al-vah-ray-doh) stands in their quarantine and its official now that Castleberry WILL NOT be participating in the 4A State Year.

16 hours ago, Dave609 said:

4A Area B will be in Princeton at Princeton HS. Region 25 will be at the Celina ISD Stadium in Celina. All 6 bands for 4A will be competing

All Region 30 bands are performing in Springtown this year at POJO Stadium. 2-2A Schools, 4-3A Schools, 7-4A Schools, 1-5A School and 1-6A School. By default, the 6A band(which normally gets good ratings yearly anyway) will automatically advance. There’s usually more 5A and 6A bands in our Region to compete and we usually have separate venues, because of it, one for the 2A-4A bands and the other for the 5A/6As, but 99% of our 5A/6A bands said in competition this year.

On 10/28/2020 at 2:25 PM, Skillet2019 said:

All Region 30 bands are performing in Springtown this year at POJO Stadium. 2-2A Schools, 4-3A Schools, 7-4A Schools, 1-5A School and 1-6A School. By default, the 6A band(which normally gets good ratings yearly anyway) will automatically advance. There’s usually more 5A and 6A bands in our Region to compete and we usually have separate venues, because of it, one for the 2A-4A bands and the other for the 5A/6As, but 99% of our 5A/6A bands said in competition this year.

based on what I have seen, it looks like Area D will be able to advance up to 6 bands if most of the bands make it from Region to Area. This will make it interesting to see who does make it to Area since a good amount of bands could make it to state if Area gets a lot of bands. 

On 11/1/2020 at 8:08 PM, Dave609 said:

based on what I have seen, it looks like Area D will be able to advance up to 6 bands if most of the bands make it from Region to Area. This will make it interesting to see who does make it to Area since a good amount of bands could make it to state if Area gets a lot of bands. 

Godley’s first practice festival, got a division 1 and 2nd place! 

Here is Lumberton performing at the PN-G Marching Festival. There were no scores or awards, just perform and then have a 30 minute clinic with the "judges". I think they are heading in the right direction as far as with how this year is going! Sadly, the band has shrunk heavily. had about 215 members last year, maybe 170-180 this year. However, I think musically they are better than the last 3 years of Lumberton's shows. 

This could be a great year for some bands! I believe that some new bands, possibly Godly and Bridge City could make State for the first time! Since Area A is the only Area to have their lineup, there is a possible chance that only one band is going to state since only 9 bands have officially qualified for the 2020 UIL 4A Area A contest. If anything does change, then it will be known after this Saturday, November 14th. I will be making a video soon on Area A and what could be expected based on Regional results!

This is the official scedule for Area A, only 9 bands have advanced, but it looks like they may be sending two bands instead of 1! 

https://0e1c9abb-fcd9-48b5-a48b-c87c929273b6.filesusr.com/ugd/626cca_6537b9b584b245a881e7a6a24dcd9372.pdf

18 hours ago, Dave609 said:

This could be a great year for some bands! I believe that some new bands, possibly Godly and Bridge City could make State for the first time! Since Area A is the only Area to have their lineup, there is a possible chance that only one band is going to state since only 9 bands have officially qualified for the 2020 UIL 4A Area A contest. If anything does change, then it will be known after this Saturday, November 14th. I will be making a video soon on Area A and what could be expected based on Regional results!

This is the official scedule for Area A, only 9 bands have advanced, but it looks like they may be sending two bands instead of 1! 

https://0e1c9abb-fcd9-48b5-a48b-c87c929273b6.filesusr.com/ugd/626cca_6537b9b584b245a881e7a6a24dcd9372

Godley has the Region competition on Saturday. They beat Alvarado in Sound of Springtown and came within 8 points of beating Kennedale and placed 5th! Area D’s Competition isn’t til December 5th.

8 hours ago, Skillet2019 said:
On 11/9/2020 at 9:40 PM, Dave609 said:

https://0e1c9abb-fcd9-48b5-a48b-c87c929273b6.filesusr.com/ugd/626cca_6537b9b584b245a881e7a6a24dcd9372

Godley has the Region competition on Saturday. They beat Alvarado in Sound of Springtown and came within 8 points of beating Kennedale and placed 5th! Area D’s Competition isn’t til December 5th.

Do you happen to have the scores?

2 hours ago, Dave609 said:

Hey will you be going to the Area D 4A Marching contest?

Region 30 Results are as follows:

2A:

Rio Vista: 1-1-2*

Tolar: 1-1-1*

3A:

Peaster: 1-1-1

Brock: 1-1-1

Grandview: 1-1-1

Maypearl: 1-1-1

4A:

Glen Rose: 1-1-1*

Springtown: 1-1-1*