2020 4A state predictions and results

Since the 2019 year is pretty much over i would like to move on to the 2020 marching season.

I go to Community high school and next year i will be a senior and it will also be a state year.With my school constantly getting better every year i honestly believe we will advance to the state competition next year.To keep up with next year i would like to use this forum to post predictions and results from 4A schools across Texas.

• 8 months later...
On 11/10/2019 at 1:01 PM, jsantos107 said:

Since the 2019 year is pretty much over i would like to move on to the 2020 marching season.

I go to Community high school and next year i will be a senior and it will also be a state year.With my school constantly getting better every year i honestly believe we will advance to the state competition next year.To keep up with next year i would like to use this forum to post predictions and results from 4A schools across Texas.

Hey, I wanted to say good luck to ya'll for the season! I was part of Melissa High School in 2018 and ya'll were really impressive that year! 

2 hours ago, Dave609 said:

Hey, I wanted to say good luck to ya'll for the season! I was part of Melissa High School in 2018 and ya'll were really impressive that year! 

I was apart of the Lumberton HS band in 2018, and we all thought Melissa was sooo good! Especially the colorguard!

13 minutes ago, J-Mike16 said:

I was apart of the Lumberton HS band in 2018, and we all thought Melissa was sooo good! Especially the colorguard!

Thank you! That show was definitely something different from the past shows I marched in, since I marched from 2015-2018. That show was fun to be a part of! Good luck to ya'll as well for the season! Lumberton definitely has some great shows every year!

9 hours ago, Dave609 said:

Thank you! That show was definitely something different from the past shows I marched in, since I marched from 2015-2018. That show was fun to be a part of! Good luck to ya'll as well for the season! Lumberton definitely has some great shows every year!

Thanks! I am in love with the selections for this year! Sadly, I graduated in 2019 so no longer in the band, but I think they will do great!

On 7/27/2020 at 8:35 PM, Dave609 said:

thanks man honestly we had some technical problems at both area performances they were definitely not our best at all that’s why we’re all excited for this year! oh and in 2018 you guys and wills point had the best 4A show so it means a lot man 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, J-Mike16 said:

Ummm, I think Lumberton was going to. They did just lose their amazing head director recently and now this hurricane may push them back even farther so who knows, no bands from SETX may perform this fall.

Ah ok, I was just curious since I found out that they moved the Area B contest for 4A from Denton this year, so I was also wondering if any bands have announced if they were not performing this season. Also stay safe out there with the Hurricanes coming

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2019 at 1:01 PM, jsantos107 said:

hey is Community still competing for UIL Marching Band this year? 

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2020 at 3:34 PM, Skillet2019 said:

Any 4A bands NOT competing this year? All of Region 30(Alvarado, Castleberry, Glen Rose, Kennedale, Springtown, Godley, Venus and Lake Worth) are all competing, but are there any in other regions that aren’t?

As of right now, the only bands I know of that are competing are (Lumberton, possibly Bridge City), who are in Area C, (Melissa, Argyle, Canton, Anna, and possibly Iowa Park and Mineral Wells), who are all in Area B. Bands that are most likely not competing are Sunnyvale, Silsbee, La Vega, and Stephenville. I have no information on North Lamar, even though I believe they do have a show

Ferris isn’t competing this year either. According to the official UIL Result Forms, Stephenville and Sunnyvale are competing, didn’t see Waco La Vega or Silsbee, Iowa Park is competing this year as well. I messed up on Region 30, FW Castleberry isn’t competing this year as of yet, but everyone else in that Region(which go to Area D) are.

15 hours ago, J-Mike16 said:

No Castleberry?! oh boy

As of right now, there is no evidence of them performing in UIL this year, but I’m watching the results forms very carefully. The entry deadline for Region 30 has just past(Friday, October, 16th). There’s some trouble that has popped up for the Alvarado Golden Warrior band as of late as well. 3 band members have tested positive for COVID and the band is in quarantine for at least Saturday, October, 24th. According to AISD, if anymore band members come back positive, they’re gonna extend it to Halloween. They won’t be able to extend it any farther, because Alvarado has a competition in Springtown on November 7th(Sound of Springtown) and then the UIL Competition November 14th.

20 hours ago, Skillet2019 said:

Ferris isn’t competing this year either. According to the official UIL Result Forms, Stephenville and Sunnyvale are competing, didn’t see Waco La Vega or Silsbee, Iowa Park is competing this year as well. I messed up on Region 30, FW Castleberry isn’t competing this year as of yet, but everyone else in that Region(which go to Area D) are.

I didn't see any videos of Stephenville or Sunnyvale. Must of changed since I last looked. Also rip Castleberry if they don't compete. They have been very well every state year

13 hours ago, Dave609 said:

I didn't see any videos of Stephenville or Sunnyvale. Must of changed since I last looked. Also rip Castleberry if they don't compete. They have been very well every state year

Don’t give up on Kennedale or Springtown and Godley’s looking to strike this year. Godley’s already sounding amazing AND had one clinic already. Plus, GISD had an in-school calendar 2 week intermission at the beginning of this month and Godley had October band camp under UIL rules of course and had the man that wrote the drill clinic for them at the end of camp, anyone wanting to see part of this year’s show for them can YouTube “2020 Pride of Godley”. Now, with the problem that has popped up with Alvarado, they’re an amazing band and we have no clue how far along they actually are in the practice of their competing show, so for them, losing any practice is no good for a State year. Glen Rose and Lake Worth both made 1s last year, but got a 2 in 2018, they can swing either way this year depending on how hard they want it and how they practice. Venus is out in left field and hasn’t gotten 1s in awhile.

11 hours ago, Skillet2019 said:

Don’t give up on Kennedale or Springtown and Godley’s looking to strike this year. Godley’s already sounding amazing AND had one clinic already. Plus, GISD had an in-school calendar 2 week intermission at the beginning of this month and Godley had October band camp under UIL rules of course and had the man that wrote the drill clinic for them at the end of camp, anyone wanting to see part of this year’s show for them can YouTube “2020 Pride of Godley”. Now, with the problem that has popped up with Alvarado, they’re an amazing band and we have no clue how far along they actually are in the practice of their competing show, so for them, losing any practice is no good for a State year. Glen Rose and Lake Worth both made 1s last year, but got a 2 in 2018, they can swing either way this year depending on how hard they want it and how they practice. Venus is out in left field and hasn’t gotten 1s in awhile.

I have no doubts that Kennedale and Springtown will do great this year. For Godley, I haven't seen any of their shows, but if they are doing good, that is good to hear! My main interest though is for Area E. Based on the Regional Forum for UIL, none of the bands that made State in 2018 are competing this year. Now it could change at any moment, but as of now, Area E may have a huge difference on who makes state. Also was every Entrance for Region due on the same day?

15 hours ago, Dave609 said:

I have no doubts that Kennedale and Springtown will do great this year. For Godley, I haven't seen any of their shows, but if they are doing good, that is good to hear! My main interest though is for Area E. Based on the Regional Forum for UIL, none of the bands that made State in 2018 are competing this year. Now it could change at any moment, but as of now, Area E may have a huge difference on who makes state. Also was every Entrance for Region due on the same day?

No, I know region 10's deadline is on the 23rd.