3 Flower Mound HS 4 5 1 3 5 18
4 Marcus HS 2 3 5 6 4 20
5 The Woodlands HS 3 2 3 7 7 22
6 Pearland HS 6 6 2 4 6 24
7 Waxahachie HS 8 8 11 5 3 35
8 Coppell HS 11 9 8 8 9 45
9 Seven Lakes HS 9 7 6 11 14 47
10 Cypress Woods HS 7 15 10 9 10 51

So I have a silly question. BOA music judges focus on different pieces (ind v ensemble). Do UIL judges look at music/visual as a whole or do they specialize too? I've always tried to understand the swing in some of the judging, whether it's just personal thoughts of the whole, or a specific view. I feel like I should know this, but can't seem to dig deep enough in the adjudication manual to find out. 

2 hours ago, KinDallas said:

So I have a silly question. BOA music judges focus on different pieces (ind v ensemble). Do UIL judges look at music/visual as a whole or do they specialize too? I've always tried to understand the swing in some of the judging, whether it's just personal thoughts of the whole, or a specific view. I feel like I should know this, but can't seem to dig deep enough in the adjudication manual to find out. 

It’s just as a whole with pretty broad subcaptions on the sheet. As a result, taste and what you’re looking for matters a ton. 

3 hours ago, Samuel Culper said:

Glad you got your bright spot and congrats to CTJ. 

I think this year has sucked like no other.  And for my kid it is just a horrible senior year.

Pardon my bitterness.

Do I think Leander ISD made the right decision and did not compete this year? I think so. Do I wish we could have seen VRHS defend their title? Of course I do. I also feel for all of those seniors that did not get to do all of the things they should have done. My daughter was a senior at Rouse last year (in Color Guard) when all of this started and their winter guard season was canceled.  

5 hours ago, Asaiah said:

Congrats to CTJ! Such a well-designed show and easily the best sounds I've ever heard from them. It'd be very easy to write them off -- tons of excuses for why this year should have an asterick next to it. But you can't control anything besides your own performance and they definitely laid it down.

we all learn to accept what we can cannot control - and work with what we can control - Asterisks or not 

ast 1.jpg

ast back.jpg

12 hours ago, banddad84 said:

we all learn to accept what we can cannot control - and work with what we can control - Asterisks or not 

ast 1.jpg

ast back.jpg

There is a reason CTJ won. They were the best band out there this year. I think the bitterness comes from those of us that know our schools would have had a shot at the title as well under different circumstances. But nobody can take anything away from CTJ. There is a reason they are one of the best band in the country, Year after year they absolutely bring it every time they step on the field. 

Those shirts crack me up!! 

On 12/17/2020 at 7:32 AM, propsquaddad said:

There is a reason CTJ won. They were the best band out there this year. I think the bitterness comes from those of us that know our schools would have had a shot at the title as well under different circumstances. But nobody can take anything away from CTJ. There is a reason they are one of the best band in the country, Year after year they absolutely bring it every time they step on the field. 

Those shirts crack me up!! 

I understand the bitterness - our program was the only high school of the 7 in the district to compete - appreciate your kind words about the program. I remain grateful that the directors gave the kids an avenue to normal - and totally agree that there are many other programs that in a normal year on the field could and would have competed well. We are grateful for those that did and look forward to being on the field with them all in 2021.

our shirts are a way to "embrace the suck" - as I learned many years ago

stay safe - 

• 2 weeks later...