2020 6A State

14 minutes ago, 692543 said:

Are there still bands without parts of their show on the field for competitions? I went to Area B and Area C on Saturday and noticed that Waxahachie didn’t have any closer and Flower Mound didn’t really have any sort of ballad. It was surprising, as it’s already so late in the season. I know shows tend to be a little shorter this year but I expected a little more than 5 minutes from Flomo.

I would doubt it - hate to think they are adding this week - I do know that many are doing a shorter show this year due to the rule changes with Covid-19

1 hour ago, alex222 said:

If I recall correctly, some schools are doing past or other shows with fewer movements. UIL actually shortened the minimum show time to only 4 minutes.

I know that there are a number of programs that are bringing back parts of previous shows or a "tribute show". the CTJ program is a mix of 2010 and 2014 shows but it is still the same length of show that they always put on the field  - though it is trimmed back to meet the UIL limit limits - but similar to what they do each year for UIL

Just popping in to say how impressed I am with what these schools have been able to accomplish under the circumstances.

I was particularly moved by FloMo and their absolutely gorgeous arrangement of rocky point and by Hebron, whose show is undoubtedly the most musically ambitious I’ve seen from this years slate (shocker, I know) but I liked it mostly because I felt like it transported me back to the kind of show Hebron would have fielded 10-15 years ago (I’m so old :( ) Can’t wait to see how this turns out!

1 hour ago, Dave609 said:

Hey everyone, so I have a question about "212" that started in Cypress Woods. I'm confused on what it means.

It's the school motto.

"At 211, water is simply hot. But at 212, water boils. And when water boils, it makes steam. And steam can powere a locomotive. Bring that extra degree!"

1 minute ago, LostChoirGuy said:

Congratulations to all who performed and to everyone involved in this year's crazy season in any way!  I'm sure we all wish this marching season could have been different, but at least for a moment we have something to celebrate!

Glad to see CTJ win a well deserved championship, but boy is it tough to see Hebron place second time and time again... 

Yeah, a Hebron win would've eased the sting for Marcus a bit--they were hoping when it got down to the last 2. But CTJ had a solid performance. Here's hoping we have the chance for the whole shebang next year, pomp and finals included!

Really enjoyed following all the groups this year even if these state finals felt like a bit of an anticlimax. Congrats to CTJ, it was cool to hear them referencing shows that they had originally performed while I was still marching alongside and against them. FloMo, loved your rocky point. I have to echo LCG’s sentiment though, seeing Hebron fall short again is hard to swallow. I hope the kids understand just how impressive it is to even reach second place and that they’re doing all the alumni proud. 4 second place finishes and a fourth place is an incredible decade for this program.

Congrats to ALL of the bands that competed for navigating this incredible year of complexity, and to CTJ on their championship. Congrats to Hebron on their fourth silver medal in their last five state competitions (which I am sure is a little bittersweet) ... and, of course ... to my son's alma mater, Flower Mound, which now has a medal in every color (2016 - Gold, 2018 - Silver, 2020 - Bronze).