2020 6A State

6 hours ago, Dave609 said:

Also Area B for 6A, Five Bands for Area???? Are they taking two still even though there is so little performing? Also Who would have the best chance of advancing from there?

I haven't watched any of their shows yet but based on past years, Coppell and Waxahachie would be the front runners. Without knowing the full lineup, I would expect to see both at state finals as well.

36 minutes ago, josephbandfan said:

I haven't watched any of their shows yet but based on past years, Coppell and Waxahachie would be the front runners. Without knowing the full lineup, I would expect to see both at state finals as well.

I thought there was no finals??? And I would say that both Waxahachie and Coppell will be the ones to advance from Area B, I watched a video of Waxahachie and I have to say the show is impressive!

8 hours ago, Dave609 said:

I thought there was no finals??? And I would say that both Waxahachie and Coppell will be the ones to advance from Area B, I watched a video of Waxahachie and I have to say the show is impressive!

correct - no finals at Area or State - nor is there any retreat. welcome to 2*2*

Waxahachie had a virtual camp in June, so very little was done in the way of actual marching instruction.  July had two morning-only marching fundamental rehearsals, and August camp was also only outdoor marching fundamentals with virtual sectionals in the afternoon.  We are fortunate to be in an area that is less impacted by COVID than many of the more urban/suburban areas, and we have great support from our district and community; however, do not make the mistake of assuming that we are not working with handicaps just like everyone else.  This has definitely been a challenging year in many different ways, but we are committed to creating the most normal (but exceptionally safe) experience for our students as possible within the bounds allowed by the pandemic.

There is a video floating around somewhere of our show reveal for this year.  We decided to move forward with Plan A, though there have been some alterations to the final product.  The show is title Cosmic Renewal and features music from The Planets and Imagine.  Hopefully the message of hope and unity strikes a chord with our audiences in these trying times. : )

25 minutes ago, aaron067 said:

Not your fault unless you posted the video, right? 

On another note, CTJ is looking amazing.  Cleanest visual execution I've ever seen from them.  

I would agree, CTJ always builds a BOA style show, even on a state year. This year with Covid-19 impact the show is very focused on the drill. I am looking forward to seeing what this looks like in 2 weeks

41 minutes ago, aaron067 said:

Not your fault unless you posted the video, right? 

On another note, CTJ is looking amazing.  Cleanest visual execution I've ever seen from them.  

i didn't upload it. Just didn't see the upload date until you mentioned it.

Also I really like CTJ's Show this year! Can't wait to see how they do at Area!

So - while killing time making pies for Thanksgiving, I decided to break this down a little more.

Looking at the 2018 6A finalist for UIL State - it looks like this - WNP = Will Not Participate

1. Vista Ridge                         WNP
  2. Flower Mound                    
  3. Vandegrift                           WNP
  4. Hebron
  5. Leander                               WNP
  6. Reagan                                WNP
  7. CTJ
  8. Keller                                   WNP
  9. TWHS
  10. Marcus
  11. Cedar Ridge                        WNP
  12. Waxahachie

Please correct me if I am wrong, but this appears to me that the main fight for state will be FloMo, Hebron, CTJ, TWHS and Marcus - but we saw Vista Ridge jump in big in 2018. difficult to project with no BOA performances and limited videos available to avoid shaming, and we have no idea what the next 3 weeks of Covid quarantines will do to these or other programs 

With no finals and a decreased participant group, I expect that we will see new programs making it into finals - some for the first time.

Hoping for UIL 6A State and that everyone remains safe

10 hours ago, banddad84 said:

So - while killing time making pies for Thanksgiving, I decided to break this down a little more.

Looking at the 2018 6A finalist for UIL State - it looks like this - WNP = Will Not Participate

2. Flower Mound                    
  4. Hebron
  7. CTJ
  8. Keller
  9. TWHS
  10. Marcus
  11. Cedar Ridge                         WNP
  12. Waxahachie

Please correct me if I am wrong, but this appears to me that the main fight for state will be FloMo, Hebron, CTJ, TWHS and Marcus - but we saw Vista Ridge jump in big in 2018. difficult to project with no BOA performances and limited videos available to avoid shaming, and we have no idea what the next 3 weeks of Covid quarantines will do to these or other programs 

With no finals and a decreased participant group, I expect that we will see new programs making it into finals - some for the first time.

Keller isn't doing UIL this year

15 hours ago, banddad84 said:

2. Flower Mound                    
  4. Hebron
  7. CTJ
  8. Keller                                   WNP
  9. TWHS
  10. Marcus
  11. Cedar Ridge                        WNP
  12. Waxahachie

Is Reagan not doing State? 

2 minutes ago, Samuel Culper said:

This is confusing.  There are no Finals so how do we see new programs making Finals?

in past years we have seen programs do well in area and advance to finals and then the finals moves them all around. with no finals, only 1 shot to advance even if you have a early morning show time.

5 hours ago, banddad84 said:

in past years we have seen programs do well in area and advance to finals and then the finals moves them all around. with no finals, only 1 shot to advance even if you have a early morning show time.

Yeah, there have been some programs that do better in Prelims than finals. Hopefully some new bands will advance to State