2020 Boa Grand Nationals

I think a Grand Nats focused show will be good for Cedar Park. They have done very well these past two seasons, but I can't help but think that conservative design has held them back. I could see them making finals at San Antonio comfortably if their design team produces another show of Nats caliber as they have in the past.

Their last 2 years has seen them go through a change is assistant director(marching director)/ color guard, and added a new junior assistant director. Lots of changes in leadership and remaining relevant and successful has been good for the organization as a whole. I really want to see them push next year but some of that will be dependent upon a young group.

So here's what we know as of now:

4 Texas Bands Confirmed/Rumored:

Ronald Reagan H.S., TX

Vista Ridge H.S., TX

Cedar Park H.S., TX

Pearland H.S., TX (Rumored/Less likely of the 4 to attend)

Usual Participants:

Avon H.S., IN

Carmel H.S., IN

Marian Catholic H.S., IL

Homestead H.S., IN

William Mason H.S., OH

Lawrence Township H.S., IN

Center Grove H.S., IN

Ben Davis H.S., IN

Centerville H.S., OH (Also attending 2020 Macy's Parade but I can't see them skipping)

Bands likely returning after a hiatus:

Broken Arrow H.S., OK (Also doing the 2021 Rose Parade, but I can't see them skipping Nats 2 years in a row)

Dobyns-Bennett H.S., TN

Castle H.S., IN

O'Fallon Township H.S., IL

Owasso H.S., OK

Bands On Rotation Years:

Blue Springs H.S., MO (Every Other Year)

Jenks H.S., OK (Every Other Year)

Mustang H.S., OK (Every Other Year)

Tarpon Springs H.S., FL (Every Other Year)

Wando H.S., SC (Every Other Year, but their status for 2020 is iffy with an upcoming school split)

Bellevue West H.S., NE (Every Four Years)

Bands Rumored To Be Attending

Rosemount H.S., MN (Very Likely)

Vista Murrieta H.S., CA (Not sure how likely this is though)

Bands Likely NOT attending:

Union H.S., OK (2020 Macy's Parade)

Lincoln-Way Community H.S., IL (2020 Macy's Parade)

Brownsburg H.S., IN (2020 Macy's Parade)

My son attends Cedar Park. In the CPHS News this week they mentioned that the band will be attending Grand Nationals in 2020. This does not verify that they are going but the school paper is usually pretty accurate.

One of the highlights of the 2016 GN trip for me was seeing videos of the Leander and Cedar Park kids "high fiving" each other in the tunnels before their finals performances.  What an awesome show of teamwork and LISD support.  So glad you guys will be going with Vista next year and so glad we get to go with Vandy this year.

So here's what we know as of now:

4 Texas Bands Confirmed/Rumored:

Ronald Reagan H.S., TX

Vista Ridge H.S., TX

Cedar Park H.S., TX

Pearland H.S., TX (Rumored/Less likely of the 4 to attend)

Usual Participants:

Avon H.S., IN

Carmel H.S., IN

Marian Catholic H.S., IL

William Mason H.S., OH

Lawrence Township H.S., IN

Center Grove H.S., IN

Ben Davis H.S., IN

Centerville H.S., OH (Also attending 2020 Macy's Parade but I can't see them skipping)

Bands likely returning after a hiatus:

Broken Arrow H.S., OK (Also doing the 2021 Rose Parade, but I can't see them skipping Nats 2 years in a row)

Dobyns-Bennett H.S., TN

Castle H.S., IN

O'Fallon Township H.S., IL

Owasso H.S., OK

Bands On Rotation Years:

Wando H.S., SC (Every Other Year, but their status for 2020 is iffy with an upcoming school split)

Bands Rumored To Be Attending

Rosemount H.S., MN (Very Likely)

Vista Murrieta H.S., CA (Not sure how likely this is though)

Bands Likely NOT attending:

Union H.S., OK (2020 Macy's Parade)

Lincoln-Way Community H.S., IL (2020 Macy's Parade)

Brownsburg H.S., IN (2020 Macy's Parade)

I would include Homestead, and most likely Castle, attending as well.

One of the highlights of the 2016 GN trip for me was seeing videos of the Leander and Cedar Park kids "high fiving" each other in the tunnels before their finals performances. What an awesome show of teamwork and LISD support. So glad you guys will be going with Vista next year and so glad we get to go with Vandy this year.

SAME!

I think a Grand Nats focused show will be good for Cedar Park. They have done very well these past two seasons, but I can't help but think that conservative design has held them back. I could see them making finals at San Antonio comfortably if their design team produces another show of Nats caliber as they have in the past.

I can't wait for the reveal this May. I've heard very little about what's being planned for us, but I can say it's going to be a whole new Cedar Park. New uniforms as well!

Bands On Rotation Years:

James Bowie HS, Austin, TX is also on a 4 year rotation. Their last appearance was in 2016 which should put them in for 2020. That said, I think we would have heard rumblings of a an appearance next year and still reeling from their multiple staff changes these past 4 years I would think they would most likely be looking at a 2021 appearance, maybe, if they do decide to return?

Would love to see some Houston representation at Nats! 2020 is TWHS off/state year obviously but the talks about Pearland going excites me.

Would love to see Spring go back or maybe even North Shore. Clear Brook would be a sight to see considering their uprising this year. Maybe the other CISD bands like College Park and Oak Ridge but that'll be highly unlikely considering it's 6A state year next year.

So maybe some 5A bands such as SFA and Friendswood (tell me if I'm wrong about class, I'm just going with my brain here and it can be wrong)

Anyways, y'all get it. I want some more Houston representation

Would love to see some Houston representation at Nats! 2020 is TWHS off/state year obviously but the talks about Pearland going excites me.

Would love to see Spring go back or maybe even North Shore. Clear Brook would be a sight to see considering their uprising this year. Maybe the other CISD bands like College Park and Oak Ridge but that'll be highly unlikely considering it's 6A state year next year.

So maybe some 5A bands such as SFA and Friendswood (tell me if I'm wrong about class, I'm just going with my brain here and it can be wrong)

SFA is 6a, but I do believe they are getting back up to the level needed to make finals. I think they woulda been around 14th-17th had they attended this year. 

Katy ISD, you hear this? Tompkins? Seven Lakes? JORDAN? (I’m pressuring this school even though it doesn’t exist yet). I’m itching for a breakout year from one of these groups really really soon. Come on!!!!!

I’m all seriousness, Houston seems to be cooking some real potential for new Grand Nats appearances throughout these past few years. The most obvious example is Pearland; I really hope that these guys can cement themselves as a “2nd best” Houston group; or better yet, hang right there with TWHS. That is, until a Katy ISD group catches up to them.

• 2 weeks later...