2019 BOA Indianapolis Super Regional

Avon is incredible, but I agree that the narration is extremely annoying.

I can’t help but wonder if the judges haven’t commented on it. Surely they have! They told Rouse to tone down the whistles in their show. Leander got some feedback on other things that we cut out of our show. Surely they are telling Avon to lose some of the narration. But maybe the judges don’t really tell bands like Avon and Carmel to stop doing anything at all. Those bands do win for a reason.

Amazing. Even the weakest of Indy bands all had fantastic guard! Texas band program need to not take this fact as a threat rather learn from these wonderful programs. That being said, Indy will never have the music talent that is generated in abundance in Texas! Once Texas cracks the Guard and Visual code Kevin will be sweating lengthy summers down south just like the rest of us. Never to return!

Blue Springs!!! What a way to end finals and what a way to end their BOA season! This show REALLY grew on me and I’m in awe of how masterful the design is and how near perfect the execution was. Loved it top to bottom!

I think the top 3 here should have a substantial lead over the rest of the field and hopefully Blue Springs comes especially close to Carmel. Actually, BS was so clean compared to Carmel’s dirty run...I want to see BS in 2nd. Great way to end their season nonetheless.

14th 81.2 North Harden

13th 81.5 Brownsburg

12th 81.75 Center Grove

11th 83.55 Castle

10th 84.05 Mustang

9th 85.4 Lawrence Township

8th 85.9 Fishers

7th 86.0 Lockport Township

6th 86.525 O’Fallon Township

5th 86.9 Homestead

4th 87.975 Lincoln-Way Community

3rd 90.7 Blue Springs

2nd 91.5 Carmel

1st 92.2 Avon

Outstanding Music: Avon

Outstanding Visual: Avon

Outstanding GE: Avon

I think Avon looked really phenomenal tonight but here’s my 2¢.

1. The scariest part about how good they are is that they have a lot of room to improve. Their drill is demanding and as such there are some forms that still don’t seem to be hitting clearly.

2. In my opinion they lack the Texas big brass band punchiness and volume.

I didn’t see the finals performances, but the full finals recap seems pretty spot-on based on the prelims performances I saw. Carmel was in first place in ensemble visual and visual effect, which I agree with. (Drill is amazing.) Avon (mostly) gets their edge in music. Less than a point between the two. I agree with that as well. I’m surprised at how close Blue Springs was to Carmel, based on what I saw at St. Louis, but I didn’t see a Blue Springs performance here, so maybe it’s accurate.

Expected Avon to pop a bigger spread over an uncharacteristic Carmel. Curious what that means for GN. Maybe the show is beatable.

the fact that Avon has pulled off 2 recent wins over Carmel implies that Carmel is vulnerable - the gap is not so big to this that Avon can get comfortable. it also says that the Texas bands (and others) have a chance to make a move on these 2 Indy powerhouses in GNats

just a few more weeks and we will know for sure