Duncanville Marching Invitational 2019

Also Haltom 10th??? After doing PHENOMENALLY at St. Louis. I know Haltom usually struggles with cleanliness so maybe the early performance time hit them hard?

I really think so: but maybe performing first can really help them. If they perform like they did last week I can see them in top 4. Now if it’s like this morning not so much. It was cold and early and I guess they weren’t used to it. Really

Rooting for them. So I hope they do the best they ever had and leave it all on the field and if they do . They can really turn it around

Allen seems to be one of those bands that are really trying to get into more competitive marching and ooo boy, if they can manage to play louder individually then there's no beating their volume. Seriously though. Last year we had a football game against them at the same time as Region Band auditions and they announced that unfortunately they'll ONLY be performing with 500 of their marchers on the field. They had 300 of their members trying out for region. That's the size of our entire band. That is INSANE.

Just heard that Allen placed 11th in prelims.

I think the performance times and weather really played a role in prelims placements. Permian and Wylie had awesome time slots while Haltom and TC had to perform when it was pretty chilly. I’m almost surprised that Waxahachie’s time slot didn’t push them into a medal, but I supose the top 3 are really in a league of their own (and then Hebron in another league after that :P). Then again, KC seemed to hold their own with that impressive 6th place coming from an early time slot.

I know it a bit late in the season for this but is it possible Haltom has homecoming tonight? I remember back in the day Hebron would often have a contest on homecoming day and request to go first in finals so the kids could attend the dance if they wanted to. Bc I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around them in 10th here

I know it a bit late in the season for this but is it possible Haltom has homecoming tonight? I remember back in the day Hebron would often have a contest on homecoming day and request to go first in finals so the kids could attend the dance if they wanted to. Bc I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around them in 10th here

They had HC in Sept. I think, as others have said, that early morning chill got them. I expect they'll move up tonight, if they put on a cleaner show.