Duncanville Marching Invitational 2019

I remember when Marcus beat Hebron in prelims at this competition in 2017. Everyone was a little shocked. PrODDigy is one of my favorite Marcus shows but no one expected it to beat Sculpt. I guess what I’m trying to say is that this competition is judged very differently than BOA.

PrODDIgy eeked out a place above Flower Mound at Grand Nats, too. Heck, they were 3rd at prelims (over Avon). That was a fun show. But yes, I read the judging criteria for Duncanville and it combines certain marching and music scores to determine GE, rather than GE being judged as a separate category. That makes it a little hard to predict.

Lets pick'em.

1. Hebron

2. Marcus

3. Keller

4. Prosper

5. Waxahacie 

6.Timber Creek

7. Keller Central

8 - 10 ????????

On a side note I think 4-6 will be really close. You could put those bands in any order. 

No Haltom or are they in your 8-10? 

Oddly enough, St Louis (this weekend) is Haltom's first competition...their finish at St. Louis will give us a good indication of how they're going to do in Duncanville.

ranking in groups:

Medalists:

Hebron, Marcus, Keller

large gap

4-7:
Wax, TC, Prosper, KC

Finals Bubble:

Summit

Trinity (may be able to break into 4-7 grouping w/ a really strong performance)

Wylie

Rockwall

Permian (finalist at Midland! this is a very competitive contest but they definitely could be a finalist).

Haltom is literally impossible to place here. They will more or less certainly be a finalist band, but they haven't performed at all yet. St. Louis will be the indicator of where they place. I expect them to be somewhere in the Wax/TC zone but more or less impossible to say.

No Haltom or are they in your 8-10? 

Oddly enough, St Louis (this weekend) is Haltom's first competition...their finish at St. Louis will give us a good indication of how they're going to do in Duncanville.

Haven’t seen Halthom yet, but I see no reason they aren’t a finalist. I based my order on what I have seen so far this season. Of course, Prosper blew my BOA DFW picks up BUT in my opinion there were some odd scores by a couple of Judges there. Also, isn’t this contest more aligned with UIL scoring as opposed to BOA? That could also play a part in places 4-10.

I just watched a video of Waxahachie at UIL tonight. They’ve cleaned up quite a bit and their soloist are amazing!!

I love their show so much! The jazzy music is perfect! Their soloist are incredible, like that trumpet player has a future in the biz tomorrow kind of incredible. The visual is also stunning. Love the colors! Really impressed by them!

Summit was a finalist at BOA Midland , 1st in their class and best music after prelims, and took 4th place overall. Don't count them out, yet! They should make finals, except for that darn early performance time. We haven't had one of those yet.

True, but this is undoubtedly the toughest competition yet for them. I'm really interested to see where they measure up though, particularly going into a state year next year (assuming Summit stays in 6A).

Also, slightly random fact of the night, this will be the first time Summit is at Duncanville since my freshman year of 2008. Spoiler alert: it did not go so well for us.

True, but this is undoubtedly the toughest competition yet for them. I'm really interested to see where they measure up though, particularly going into a state year next year (assuming Summit stays in 6A).

Also, slightly random fact of the night, this will be the first time Summit is at Duncanville since my freshman year of 2008. Spoiler alert: it did not go so well for us.