Does a show need a slow movement?

No problem...perhaps its too much "eggnog" you've been drinking, eh? Personally, I hate the stuff, but, people seem to like it...I think its the liquor in some cases. Anyway, I digress. lol...

- mm

*all in a drunken manner*

Hey lishhhhen buthy I'm not thrunk sssssomeone spiked my beer.

(Eggnog is some nasty stuff, I don't drink that)

Just an oversensitive admin removing a post for little to no reason. THe post simply stated that some school (I can't remember which one) performed exclusively Key Poulan shows and suggested that since I hate Key Poulan, I would probably hate them. But, of course I don't. I pity them. They are stuck with subpar shows... I know, we did his shows for 2 years. I'm glad we got away from that.

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't have to... but any 4A or 5A band worth their weight in beans should be able to play loud and obnoxiously. But not a whole lot of bands have a dynamic range that allow them to play a slow part effectively. I think showing a judge that you DO have that dynamic range is essential to being a superior marching band.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want my opinion (which it really doesnt matter cuz you're getting it anyway,lol), it IS necessary to have a slow movement. The slow movement is the movement that makes the show a real show! Not to mention that, in my clarinet instructors words, it separates the meat from the potatoes in the competiton. That and the slow movements give us a break from the fast-paced opener before the fast-paced closer. At least, that's how it's been since I've gotten to high school :)

Wow, I'm glad you don't have any say over what our band does, lmao. That would probably be, in my opinion, the most homosexual show ever. I mean, a completely slow marching show? That's just weak. If you wanna do something like that, go play concert band music. Bad concert music at that.

Lol, actually there is some good slow concert pieces like Sleep, but not very many. Most are boring and anticlimatic.

Wow, I'm glad you don't have any say over what our band does, lmao. That would probably be, in my opinion, the most homosexual show ever. I mean, a completely slow marching show? That's just weak. If you wanna do something like that, go play concert band music. Bad concert music at that.

Lol, actually there is some good slow concert pieces like Sleep, but not very many. Most are boring and anticlimatic.

Yes, if you listen to what is classified as "BAND" music. But when you get into the realms of Whitacre, Ticheli and so forth, it gets amazing.

Just wondering, ever heard of a guy named Gustav Mahler? Yeah, his stuff tends to be kind of slow. And it tends to be some of the most genious stuff ever written.

And just a little "side-idea", if you will, here: The majority of "fast and loud" shows are over-climactic, which is even worse than anti-climactic.

Just wondering, ever heard of a guy named Gustav Mahler? Yeah, his stuff tends to be kind of slow. And it tends to be some of the most genious stuff ever written.

Phantom Regiment is going to play Resurrection Symphony - Symphony No. 2 by Gustav Mahler.

If you have any links for any of his music please post them.