I find it hilarious that you have to find a flaw in the list of a parent that spent 10+ years serving an organization - was that to degrade the list of accomplishments?

the reality - look at the last 5 or even 10 years for that matter - there is no program that has won more BOA gold in Texas in that span than this program.

it is still a young program that is just coming into their 12th year of existence

11 Seasons

8 - BOA Regional/Super Regional Championships

13 BOA Medal Placements

8 - BOA Class AAAA Gold

61 - Captions - All Events

1 - Texas UIL Bronze

2 - Grand National Finals - in 2 appearances

this is without even looking at the TOR parade, Sudler Shield, and Midwest Clinic - all in just over a decade of opening their doors

just my thoughts

Lol chill.

How about we all not get defensive when incorrect information is corrected on the thread. The fact was wrong, he corrected it. End of a very simple story.

There's already been a few people telling him to calm down and frankly I was wrong. CTJ was first in visual in class 4A, so it's not entirely his fault. Please leave the whole situation as it is, there's no reason for it to go on.

There's already been a few people telling him to calm down and frankly I was wrong. CTJ was first in visual in class 4A, so it's not entirely his fault. Please leave the whole situation as it is, there's no reason for it to go on.

My apologies, I just read the thread when I woke up and didn't see the next page of comments.

Your maturity is impressive.  I hope you are a Section Leader or that you intend to be!

You want to hear about a really shocking caption win + lower-than-expected placement that happened back in the day? At the Houston Regional in 2007 (12 years ago now, I don't want to think about that), Brazoswood flat-out won the music performance caption in prelims -- not just in their class but overall -- but they placed 12th in prelims, missing finals completely. I was at that event. It was, of course, totally shocking, because caption winners usually place in or around the top 3. It caused enormous debate on the BOA forums. "How can the band that supposedly sounds the best not even make it into finals?!" Definitely it upset many of the more "UIL-oriented" Texas educators. Probably I was among them, thinking that it was a really bad look for BOA. In BOA's defense, Brazoswood's caption win appears to have been the result of an odd individual music performance score spread (16.8 1st place score, 15.9 2nd place score, which is a huge gap when you have top-notch groups like SFA and Churchill competing at the same event).

You want to hear about a really shocking caption win + lower-than-expected placement that happened back in the day? At the Houston Regional in 2007 (12 years ago now, I don't want to think about that), Brazoswood flat-out won the music performance caption in prelims -- not just in their class but overall -- but they placed 12th in prelims, missing finals completely. I was at that event. It was, of course, totally shocking, because caption winners usually place in or around the top 3. It caused enormous debate on the BOA forums. "How can the band that supposedly sounds the best not even make it into finals?!" Definitely it upset many of the more "UIL-oriented" Texas educators. Probably I was among them, thinking that it was a really bad look for BOA. In BOA's defense, Brazoswood's caption win appears to have been the result of an odd individual music performance score spread (16.8 1st place score, 15.9 2nd place score, which is a huge gap when you have top-notch groups like SFA and Churchill competing at the same event).

oh wow, that IS crazy!  I bet we can find that conversation in here with a little digging.  It would be an interesting read!

Y’all asked for some non-powerhouse band history. Well, here’s everything I’ve got on New Braunfels for shows and competitions:

2019 - The Only Home We’ve Ever Known

We’ll find out soon!

2018 - Out of the Blue

BOA San Antonio - 29th

UIL Area D - 6A 11th

Rough Rider Marching Festival - 2nd

2017 - The Path

BOA San Antonio - 43rd

Texas Marching Classic - 12th

USBands New Braunfels - 1st (Sort of, that’s a long story)

2016 - Rogue

UIL Area D - 6A 8th

Westlake Marching Festival - 2nd

USBands New Braunfels - 1st

2015 - Twisted

Westlake Marching Festival - 5th

USBands New Braunfels - 2nd

2014 - Gypsy Road

UIL Area D - 6A 17th

Westlake Marching Festival - 8th

USBands New Braunfels - 8th

Rough Rider Marching Invitational - 6A 2nd

2013 - 13: A Study in Superstition

BOA Austin - 21st

2012 - Synfonica

UIL Area D - 6A 16th

2011 - A Winter’s Day

Westlake Marching Festival - 12th

2010 - What Goes Around Comes Around

USSBA State Championship - 10th Overall

UIL Area D - 5A 14th

USSBA SA Regional - 2nd Overall

2009 - Waves

2008 - Mass

UIL Area D - 5A 11th

Judson Rocket Review - 5A 1st

USSBA SA Regional - 1st Overall

2007 - Anime

2006 - Beyond Perimeters

Sam Houston St University Competition - 8th

2005 - Ride

UIL SMBC - 4A 9th

UIL Area E - 4A 1st

Judson Rocket Review - 4A 1st

Rough Rider Classic - 4A 1st, Horn Line & CG Caption

2004 - Journeys

North Texas Band Championship - 10th

2003 - The Fire Within

UIL SMBC - 4A 10th

UIL Area E - 4A 1st

2002 - Terpsichore

2001 - Pegasus

UIL SMBC - 4A (Appearance, rank not found)

BOA San Antonio - 21st

2000 - Ben Hur

BOA San Antonio - 19th

BOA Houston - 20th

1999 - Chess

BOA San Antonio - 13th

1998 - The Divine Comedy

BOA San Antonio - 10th

1997 - What is Hip

1996 - Malagueña

1995 - Russia

——

1988 - Superman

1986 - Starblazer

• 2 weeks later...

2005- Inside Out

• BOA Arlington- 4th place prelims, 3rd place finals
  • BOA San Antonio- 2nd place prelims, 5th place finals
  • BOA Grand Nationals- 5th place prelims 2, 6th place semifinals, 7th place finals

2006- UR

• BOA Arlington- 6th place prelims, 8th place finals
  • BOA San Antonio- 7th place prelims, 6th place finals
  • UIL 5A State Marching Contest- 11th place

2007- iShow

• BOA Arlington- 3rd place prelims, 3rd place finals
  • BOA San Antonio- 6th place prelims, 6th place finals
  • BOA Grand Nationals- 8th place prelims 2, 10th place semifinals, 9th place finals

I got into a the BOA scene in 2006.  Richland was one of the powerhouses at the time and I was a HUGE fan of their shows.  "iShow" was probably my 2nd favorite show of 2007 behind Bell's championship show.  Karl Jenkins' "Chorale-Solfa" became the piece to do after that year and I think they might've been the first finalist band to ever put the theme from Halo on the field.

"Inside Out" was my 3rd favorite show behind Bell's "Light of Gold" and Avon's "Equus" in '05.  I don't think there will ever be a more glorious performance of Whitacre's "Sleep" in BOA.  (EDIT:  Well.....4th favorite.  Can't forget about Reagan :P)

I got into a the BOA scene in 2006.  Richland was one of the powerhouses at the time and I was a HUGE fan of their shows.  "iShow" was probably my 2nd favorite show of 2007 behind Bell's championship show.  Karl Jenkins' "Chorale-Solfa" became the piece to do after that year and I think they might've been the first finalist band to ever put the theme from Halo on the field.

"Inside Out" was my 3rd favorite show behind Bell's "Light of Gold" and Avon's "Equus" in '05.  I don't think there will ever be a more glorious performance of Whitacre's "Sleep" in BOA.  (EDIT:  Well.....4th favorite.  Can't forget about Reagan :P)

HA, i still remember the mini freak-out all us teenage kids had when Richland busted out the Halo theme...Pair that with Hebron's DDR show that was around that same time, and we were watching our childhood summarized in marching form.