(Please let me know if this isn't the right forum for this topic.)

Band has been a competitive activity for many years.  Some are new to the game, others have been on the scene for decades.  Why not post a brief about your band's competitive history and awards won.

Here is the Flower Mound High School Band history.  The 2011-12 school year was the first year that FMHS decided to be a competitor in the BOA events and was the first year for Brent Biskup to be the Assistant Director/Director of Marching (luckily it was also my daughter's freshman year at FMHS).  In 2012 Mr. Biskup became the Director of Bands

2019 - Vitrifiy
- 1st place BOA Dallas/Ft. Worth Regional Championship 
    (Outstanding Music, Outstanding General Effect, Outstanding Visual Performance)
- 1st place Birdville Marching Festival
    (Outstanding Music, Outstanding Visual, Outstanding General Effect, Outstanding Color Guard)

2018 - POP! 
- Silver Medalist Texas State Marching Championship
- 1st place BOA San Antonio Super Regional Championship 
    (Outstanding General Effect)
- 1st place BOA Dallas/Ft. Worth Regional Championship 
    (Outstanding General Effect, Outstanding Visual Performance)
- Tournament of Roses Parade Honor Band
- Silver Medalist Texas Honor Band

2017 - Fractured Moments 
- 5th place BOA Grand National Championships
- 6th place BOA San Antonio Super Regional Championship 
- 2nd place BOA Dallas/Ft. Worth Regional Championship
- Sousa Foundation Sudler Shield Award

2016 - Leonardo's Dream 
- Gold Medalist Texas State Marching Championship
    (Outstanding Music Performance, Outstanding Visual Performance, Outstanding General Effect, Class AAAA Champion)
- 1st place BOA Plano Regional Championship
    (Outstanding Music Performance, Outstanding Visual Performance, Outstanding General Effect, Class AAAA Champion)
- Silver Medalist Texas Honor Band

2015 - Surreal 
- 1st place BOA Arlington Regional Championship
    (Outstanding Music Performance, Outstanding General Effect, Class AAAA Champion)

2014 - Harmonic Tapestries 
- 6th place BOA Grand National Championships
- 13th place BOA San Antonio Super Regional Finals
- 3rd place BOA Denton Regional Championship
- 4th place Texas Honor Band

2013 - FloModern 
- 18th place BOA San Antonio Super Regional Preliminaries
- 6th place BOA Conroe Regional Championship

2012 - The Greatest Show (Smile!) 
- 11th place BOA San Antonio Super Regional Championships
- 7th place BOA Denton Regional Championship

2011 - Belle Époque 
- 9th place place BOA San Antonio Super Regional Championship
- 4th place BOA Arlington Regional Championship

(Edited because I like this format better, and added links to videos) 

(Please let me know if this isn't the right forum for this topic.)

Band has been a competitive activity for many years.  Some are new to the game, others have been on the scene for decades.  Why not post a brief about your band's competitive history and awards won.

Here is the Flower Mound High School Band history.  The 2011-12 school year was the first year that FMHS decided to be a competitor in the BOA events and was the first year for Brent Biskup to be the Assistant Director/Director of Marching (luckily it was also my daughter's freshman year at FMHS).  In 2012 Mr. Biskup became the Director of Bands

2019-20 Vitrify - TBD

2018-19 POP! - 1st place BOA San Antonio Super Regional Finals / Silver Medalist Texas State Marching Championship / Tournament of Roses Parade Honor Band / Silver Medalist Texas Honor Band

2017-18 Fractured Moments - 6th place BOA San Antonio Super Regional Finals / 5th place BOA Grand National Championship / Sousa Foundation Sudler Shield Award

2016-17 Leonardo's Dream - 1st place BOA San Antonio Super Regional Finals / Gold Medalist Texas State Marching Championship / Silver Medalist Texas Honor Band

2015-16 Surreal - 1st place BOA San Antonio Super Regional Finals / Midwest Clinic Performing Band

2014-15 Harmonic Tapestries - 13th place BOA San Antonio Super Regional Finals / 9th place Texas State Marching Championship / 6th place BOA Grand National Championship / 4th place Texas Honor Band

2013-14 FloModern - 18th place BOA San Antonio Super Regional Prelims

2012-13 The Greatest Show (Smile!) 11th place BOA San Antonio Super Regional Finals / 5A Area Finalist

2011-12 Belle Époque - 9th place place BOA San Antonio Super Regional Finals

No matter how well-intended and objective the posts may be, the results will always appear to be a bit braggadocious

No matter how well-intended and objective the posts may be, the results will always appear to be a bit braggadocious

True, but it could be very interesting. Some schools, I only know about their recent history and would love to learn more about their past. I didn't know that Flower Mound only started competing in BOA in 2011

I don't think that's what the OP intended.  I mean, if it was bragging, schools like The Woodlands, Marcus and LD Bell could come on here and drop the mic on virtually everyone. :lol:

I'd love to see the year by year history of Marcus, LD Bell, and all the great bands in Texas.  I only knew the one band I posted.  Hoping to get the rest here.  Sorry if it seemed like a brag.

You have every right to brag, friend.  And it didn't come across that way to everyone here so no worries, okay?

I'd love to see the year by year history of Marcus, LD Bell, and all the great bands in Texas.  I only knew the one band I posted.  Hoping to get the rest here.  Sorry if it seemed like a brag.

No worries...I'd brag about it!  The cool part of virtually every band (no matter what classification) is that they have had success at one point or another...some have maintained it, some have fallen off a bit and then there's the "New Kids On The Block" who burst onto the scene and change the playing field for everyone.

That area (Collin/Denton Counties) of DFW is changing and growing quickly.  Just last year, Prosper was one of those bands that jumped into the spotlight...this year they have a new high school.  I don't know if that affected the numbers for Prosper but it will be interesting if they can continue their success.   Hopefully, they will.