Parents helping @ BOA

Yes parents can help. However, your band will receive a limited number of passes, I can’t recall that number. Additionally, I think a maximum of 18?? non-performers are allowed on the field, but I could be wrong. Someone correct that if it’s wrong. Passes will be given to the director, and distribution is however your organization needs them. So if you need 15 parents for pit crew/props, those are subtracted from the total passes provided by BOA. In the past we have actually tried to double up with chaperones, so a few chaperones might carry microphones or help push a synth cart, just to make sure everyone who needs a pass, receives one and all the volunteer spots we need filled get filled and we have enough people on pit crew/props. Hope this makes sense.

Also, if your group makes finals, an entirely new set of passes is distributed, so you do it all over again.

On the field prior to and immediately after. We would hustle the pit and major's podiums and maybe a few props then beat feet to the sideline wall out of the way and out of view during the performance. At a director's signal, it would be a mad dash to get everything off the field in the time alloted.

are you talking about being on the field during the actual performance or during set up and take down?

Prior. BOA limits the number of people who are allowed on the field for pit/props prior to performing. BOA also provides limited number of passes that can be used for your chaperones, drivers (dads carrying podiums or whatever). But the number of people who can enter the field to help is limited,. They have to clear the field for performance, so this is strictly getting equipment on and then off through the endzone. This is different than UIL, where the number of people helping is basically whatever you need and time is stopped after exiting the field, which can be just getting onto the track (unless that has changed). I’m not as in the loop anymore because I’m not responsible for it anymore. Maybe I’m wrong, so I’m sorry if this is wrong info.