Weather

BanderThanYou

That time of year it could be anything. I'd figure around 40's maybe 50's during the day. The days before Avon went to SA, they were practicing in the 30's before hitting the Texas heat. Currently we've been down in the 40's at night and lower 70's in the evening so great sleeping weather with a window open. If I remember correctly, the Super Bowl in Indy had better weather over the Super Bowl in Dallas. We can have all 4 seasons in a day here!

When FloMo went to Grand Nats in 2014 it was absolutely frigid. Never saw the north side of 32 degrees. The walk from the Convention Center to the south side of Lucas Oil to enter was looooong and cooooold!

Looks like this week will be hit or miss for Houston area bands if they get practices in. For us it’s high chance of rain tomorrow afternoon, wed is homecoming parade, Thursday might be the only clear day for practice... then homecoming game Friday and dance Saturday... and rain next week Monday, and hopefully clear for UIL tuesday.

Looks like this week will be hit or miss for Houston area bands if they get practices in. For us it’s high chance of rain tomorrow afternoon, wed is homecoming parade, Thursday might be the only clear day for practice... then homecoming game Friday and dance Saturday... and rain next week Monday, and hopefully clear for UIL tuesday.

Yuck! I’m sorry!

Our stadium rehearsal is tonight, and we are still planing on doing it if the weather is not too bad this afternoon. We are making it into a sendoff event that I'll post over on the BOA SA thread. 

By the way, at 3:00 PM yesterday the temperature difference from Laredo to Amarillo was 55 degrees. It was 89 in Laredo and 34 in Amarillo. There are two different cold fronts pushing through this week. One that stopped in the middle of Texas for a couple days before pushing south this morning and creating an overrunning effect, and the second much stronger front pushing through tomorrow which will drop the temperature substantially and bringing the first sub-40 degree temperatures of the season for the greater San-Antonio metro. Then the skies will clear and the temperatures will rebound into the seventies this weekend like nothing ever happened. Talk about bipolar weather in the state of Texas, am I right?

Can we talk about Indy weather for a second? It's supposed to have a high of 45 and a low of 32... The entire 3 days of the competition is gonna be just as bad with a lowest low of 26 and highest high of 49. Lemme tell ya, not looking forward to the walks between the convention center and the stadium this season

Can we talk about Indy weather for a second? It's supposed to have a high of 45 and a low of 32... The entire 3 days of the competition is gonna be just as bad with a lowest low of 26 and highest high of 49. Lemme tell ya, not looking forward to the walks between the convention center and the stadium this season

No kidding!!  I had all these things on my list to walk to and see inbetween performances (Canal area / War Memorials, etc.) but am rethinking that plan and looking at indoor museum options now.  Not to mention the walks to / from the stadium.  Brrrr......

That is quite nice as compared to when I went (2014).  I don't think the high reached 30 the entire time.  Lows were in the teens to single digits.  It was MISERABLE outside (so the only time I spent outside was walking from my hotel {across the street} to LOS or The Ram).

No kidding!!  I had all these things on my list to walk to and see inbetween performances (Canal area / War Memorials, etc.) but am rethinking that plan and looking at indoor museum options now.  Not to mention the walks to / from the stadium.  Brrrr......

Still a little far off to make final plans as the forecast can change quite a bit in a week. From the current forecast there is a strong front going through early next week that will probably knock the temps down, but they may rebound at least a little by the end of the week. Maybe. But really, 20's and 30's isn't that cold, especially if you wear the right clothes (yes, I grew up about 150 miles from Indy, so I remember the climate there pretty well). Main thing to consider is the wind chill, not the air temperature. 30's with sun and no wind really isn't bad to walk around in. Of course, I wilt in 90's, and you native Texans probably love them....

The 2 times that I've attended: 2015 was about 20's to 30's with a steady windchill in the teens the whole time, which is what it is looking like at the moment. 2017 was quite a bit warmer for most of the competition, and I didn't need more than a jacket (certainly not a coat) on Friday to walk around outside. I think Saturday was cooler.