Weather

BanderThanYou

Ugh. So sorry!

We have chances of rain all week but nothing like that!

Now it might develop into a tropical depression or storm (50% chance at time of writing this, up from 10% last night). Areas near the coast could see 10-15+ inches of rain. Inland still looking at 4-6 inches, decreasing the further you are from the coast.

Shouldn't be a major issue in The Woodlands/Conroe area - rain for the next few days and some wind (Lots of rain around the coast, so they will have floods). It appears to have steering currents so it won't sit and spin like Harvey. Of course, forecasts change. They weren't forecasting this one to develop until this morning.

Any other reports of bands affected by the flooding from yesterday?  I grew up in Southeast Texas and have heard my old band hall was flooded with instruments floating in their cases yesterday.  The same thing happened to them two years ago with Harvey and they also lost some uniforms to the flooding.  So sad they have to rebuild and re purchase instruments and uniforms after a flood again.  Here I am thinking how fortunate my kid is to go to Grand Nats twice and some kids in Southeast Texas have had their band hall flooded twice.  It puts things in perspective for me.  Sad....

We’ve heard Conroe Highschool had water in it- I don’t know to what extent. Candy Creek Highschool we’ve been told will not have classes Monday- so I’m guessing they have damage- but again I don’t know to what extent. I know a lot of the south east areas really won’t know the depth of damage until the rain stops. We had a dry morning, but have rain again this afternoon. School was out, but the football game tonight is still on. The band is trying to make up some practice time they lost by meeting early, but it’ll probably be mostly inside practice due to the rain.

We’ve heard Conroe Highschool had water in it- I don’t know to what extent. Candy Creek Highschool we’ve been told will not have classes Monday- so I’m guessing they have damage- but again I don’t know to what extent. I know a lot of the south east areas really won’t know the depth of damage until the rain stops. We had a dry morning, but have rain again this afternoon. School was out, but the football game tonight is still on. The band is trying to make up some practice time they lost by meeting early, but it’ll probably be mostly inside practice due to the rain.

I saw a picture of a Houston school with flooding in the halls.  Wasn't sure which school it was.  :(

Can you guys make up some practice time on the weekend?  I'm so sorry this keeps happening to TWHS and other area Houston schools!

I saw a picture of a Houston school with flooding in the halls. Wasn't sure which school it was. :(

Can you guys make up some practice time on the weekend? I'm so sorry this keeps happening to TWHS and other area Houston schools!

I’m sure that was a more south/east school. They got slammed so bad... I’ve been engrossed in a project and haven’t really watched the news... just dealt with our own schedule changes. We’ll be fine. For us it’s a “speed bump” they’ll make up most of the time today and can always practice tomorrow if needed- they are just trying to let us still have our rare Saturday off without having to stick a practice in.

• 2 weeks later...

Man this south texas heat is unrelenting. San Antonio set another record high yesterday at 97 degrees and we are projected to tie or set another record today. We aren't expecting to get our first fall cold front of the year until next monday at the earliest, if it even makes it down here at all. Temps expected to hover in the mid 90's all week. Stay hydrated out there people.