I forget the name of FloMo's closer from '17, but I absolutely loved it. In my opinion they did it better than vanguard. 

Sound Of Silence - Vandy 2017

Battery - Leander 2018 (Still whistle it to this day)

The Hand of Fate pt. 1 - Keller 2016

There are many more but I don't have the time or space to write them all down. 

I believe it is Metropolis 1927 and I preferred FloMo's as well.

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't exactly a source piece, but this is something you HAVE to see! I ran across this recently and if I had been there live I probably would have been crying thirty seconds into the piece. Just WOW.

This was used in Keller’s ballad in 2016. Amazing piece of music!

This isn't exactly a source piece, but this is something you HAVE to see! I ran across this recently and if I had been there live I probably would have been crying thirty seconds into the piece. Just WOW.

Wow. That was incredibly well played for a high school. And they even sang towards the end. And sang well! Impressive indeed.

That was an absolutely brilliant show from Keller musically that year. They took 5th at State. It will definitely go down as one of my favorite Texas shows. Go back and watch it. It will give you chill bumps.

That's how I feel about Hebron's 2017 show Sculpt. 

I love it. 

I love Hebron but I have a hard time remembering their shows for some reason. Except 360. I’ll never forget that one!

I need to go back and watch some videos of Sculpt and Unchartered Waters and remember!

Most memorable for me is World of Wonder. Quite a hornline.

Most memorable for me is World of Wonder. Quite a hornline.

I’ve been watching a few old Hebron shows off and on this afternoon and enjoying them. Fun fact that I discovered in doing so. 2011 was a really off year for Hebron. They didn’t make finals at San Antonio for the first time since 2004. In fact they placed 19th in prelims. In 2012 they made quite the comeback, placing 7th at BOA SA and taking the Silver medal at 5A State (after placing 5th in prelims). Hebron would not be denied again after such a disappointing season in 2011!

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Definitely reviving this thread because I definitely have some thoughts!!

I feel only right for me to start with my HS alma mater

James Martin 2013: I really liked every musical selection they had in their show the year just before my freshman year. “Aurora Awakes” by John Mackey, String Quartet No. 4 by Bela Bartok, and “Elegy for a Young American” by Lo Presti. My first marching show I’ve ever watched and to enjoy every selection in the program really was a blessing as it got me invested and loving band ever since.

2014: One i actually got to play, Prokofiev’s Cinderalla suite, “Introduction” and “Midnight”, such a beautiful and soft opening and climax in both pieces, they’ve stuck with me ever since and I hopefully never forget them. Fun tidbit, my school and Hebron had very uncomfortably similar shows that year😂we weren’t as good as them, but it was still a good show imo haha

Hebron 2015: Speaking of Hebron! Their “Seduces me” ballad, just fantastic, very mysterious, dark and powerful!!

2019: “The Impossible Dream” from…not sure where it originated and I wish to move on haha. “A Million Dreams” from the greatest showman was really great for them that year too!!

2021: ohhhhh man, Hebron went BIBLICAL with their Church Windows opening, absolutely and completely adore it, only Hebron pulls it off as amazingly as they did, I can’t say enough how awesome this opening was, GOOD LORD!!

Castle 2017: Love love love both “One Day I’ll Fly Away” and “Benedictus” both very very gentle and solemn offerings for a show that truly was able to touch me and many others

Flower Mound 2016: FREEBIRD!!! Made every Clarinet student that year shudder for sure!!😂

2017: Metrópolis 1927, just a great piece as a whole, and a show stopper indeed, FloMo had a tremendous amount of color on the field that year

2021: one piece that I had no idea where it was from but it was a part of their preshow!! Ice Dance from the movie Edward Scissorhands, haven’t watched the movie either, but I really liked the very gentle warm opening that it offered to begin the show, like it a lot!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Alexander 2018- They based a large portion of their show off of “Ori and The Blind Forest”.

The music they chose that year really highlighted and captured the emotions they were displaying throughout the entirety of the show. Gareth Coker composed in such a beautiful way that captured the storyline behind the video game and also used lots of theory to emphasize emotional connection to the player. I feel like Alexander utilized as much as they could to portray a show to connect with the audience and definitely met that goal when they had multiple people in tears at the BOA San Antonio performance. It was by far one of the most emotional connecting high school performances I have seen to this day. 

9 minutes ago, SoundOff said:

Alexander 2018- They based a large portion of their show off of “Ori and The Blind Forest”.

The music they chose that year really highlighted and captured the emotions they were displaying throughout the entirety of the show. Gareth Coker composed in such a beautiful way that captured the storyline behind the video game and also used lots of theory to emphasize emotional connection to the player. I feel like Alexander utilized as much as they could to portray a show to connect with the audience and definitely met that goal when they had multiple people in tears at the BOA San Antonio performance. It was by far one of the most emotional connecting high school performances I have seen to this day. 

I loved the music from that year!

That still remains as my favorite show from them and also one of my favorites of all time.