Tropical Storm Imelda has been hitting our community non stop lately (and other Houston bands too!) so the directors decided it’d be best to drop out. Safety has always been their number one priority and it shows in this case.

I wish the best of luck to everyone tomorrow, and best of luck for whoever will be fighting for the freshly opened Top 10 spot.

Tropical Storm Imelda has been hitting our community non stop lately (and other Houston bands too!) so the directors decided it’d be best to drop out. Safety has always been their number one priority and it shows in this case.

I wish the best of luck to everyone tomorrow, and best of luck for whoever will be fighting for the freshly opened Top 10 spot.

Good call on their part keeping the kids home then

Good luck to all the other Houston bands being hit by Imelda I’m surprised it’s not being talked about more

Good call on their part keeping the kids home then

Good luck to all the other Houston bands being hit by Imelda I’m surprised it’s not being talked about more

Lack of coverage is partly due to being significantly less impactful than Harvey, so not a national story. It was a much smaller and weaker storm, and it didn't sit over us and rain for a week. I think we got somewhere between 10 and 20 inches of rain, with some areas getting more/less. After Harvey there is more caution being taken in the region. Maybe the current biggest story is that I-10 is closed indefinitely (probably months) at the San Jacinto river due to barges breaking loose and smashing into the bridge, with very significant damage. So if you are driving to Beaumont, Lake Charles, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, etc. be prepared to find an alternate route if I-10 is how you normally go.

I was planning on purchasing a flomarching subscription starting for tomorrow to watch this regional but my new house dI dnt get the internet set up in time so I have no way to watch. Disappointing because I will need 2 months anyways to get through the season so starting now won't cost any extra.

I broke down and paid the $150 for an entire year’s subscription yesterday. I think I will get my money’s worth this year!

My first time ever watching from FloMarching!!

Birdville surprised me in a really really good way (in context of prior expectation vs. how they ended up *performing*). They sounded solid! Even though I’ve got commitments for today, I can already tell this regional is going to be a lot of fun. I should hopefully be able to catch all of finals.

They were huge and I was blown away by their individual marching technique this early...but it felt very lacking in GE to me.

For me both music and GE were not on par with what we have seen from Camel in years past, but it's still early.    At this point it looks like they are leaving the door open for some other bands to step in this year (some Texas Bands!!!).

For me both music and GE were not on par with what we have seen from Camel in years past, but it's still early.    At this point it looks like they are leaving the door open for some other bands to step in this year (some Texas Bands!!!).

Music definitely felt like a rough run, but I enjoyed the books and can see it having a lot of potential come GN. Beating Hebron or other high placing Texas groups? Maybe not. Visual looks like it's gonna be in their hands once again, also much a more engaging book than the past few years for me. GE? I honestly enjoyed this show more than any of their past few, even now. 

I was just talking with some Carmel students and they said that was definitely a rough run for them, they got up at 4am to get to Louisville without a rehearsal run earlier in the day.