Like other posters, I kind of think Cedar Park is going to be out for blood. Last year was a down year, I bet they're our for redemption.

Cedar Park laid down one heck of a show tonight. They blew Rouse out of the stadium and I really like Rouse and their show. The CP kids were clicking tonight. Hopefully it translates over to tomorrow.

Also just watched Vista and Vandegrift. Both looked good. I think I'd favor Vista on GE and Visual and VHS on quality of music performance.

I'm partial to VR since my kids go there, but objectively I can say CTJ is far from a lock on the gold tomorrow. In fairness I haven't seen their show. VR this year is bigger and more confident... Will see if that translates to results.

Also, been coming to these things for five years now and I will never understand the GE category.

I haven't seen Leander yet but I'm guessing they haven't been idle either.

Like other posters, I kind of think Cedar Park is going to be out for blood. Last year was a down year, I bet they're our for redemption.

I like to think of GE as “the chill factor”. Does the show give me chills watching it. I know it’s nothing like that but usually the band the wins GE was the most exciting and entertaining to me. Don’t count out CTJ just yet. We like to go “extra”

Round Rock- Substantial Improvement from last year. I think the show is much better designed then the last time they went to 'nats too. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in the top half of finals later today with a good performance. Show felt a little like their 2015 one, and 2018's gymnopedie was a nice callback too. Great job!

Honestly, I find myself more and more impressed with Cedar Ridge every single year. Being a young school with dramatic and constant director shifts and size changes, they’ve had every single reason to fall off but get better every single year. And the show design is always fun and challenging and refreshing. And that world class drumline always deserves a mention. They’re here, and they’re here to stay.

I think they’ll be in the top half tonight, and if they are they fully deserve it. I couldn’t be a bigger fan of that program.

Cedar Ridge made a statement for top half. Really liked that one - lots of energy, and performed fairly cleanly for this time of year.

I want to see the whole Round Rock show before any real statements. I like the musical choices, but I think they should do more with the opener visually, and they need more energy in the show. There is lots of potential with the complete show. I think finalist tonight, but bottom half (pending what the others bring, of course).

Rouse and Hendrickson made finalist statements. Rouse's show was the type that I personally enjoy stylistically, so that one sucked me right in. Hendrickson's show is well done, and I like the way they play with the source music.

One concern I have - last week BOA was VERY stringent about performance times. I'm seeing lots of 5 minute shows - are they actually getting to the 6 minute mark, or are penalties going to play a part?

I think 4 bands have made performances that scream “We deserve to be in finals!”, but, of course, this is BOA Austin we’re talking about. I thought Rouse especially had a full sound (impressive given their size), and that will help them out.

I would not envy being a judge for this contest. We’re not even 1/4 done with it yet.