This should be an exciting regional with likely 1/3 of this year's Grand National finalists performing. If the Dallas and Houston bands start to come here in the future, this could rival San Antonio (on a smaller scale) with the difficulty in making the finals. Much fewer bands in contention, but also 2 less spots in the finals.

Edit: I changed this to 1/3 of the finalist. I meant to put this originally, but totally missed it when proofreading.

What's your thought's on umbrella's in the stands for shade (only between performances) and umbrella etiquette in general at Marching contest?  (@bringyourownshade)

LOTS of people do that, but if you don't put that thing down the second a band takes the field, you WILL get yelled at.  :lol:  don't ask me how I know...

If anyone want's a preview of Vista and Vandergrift they are playing each other Friday night at Gupton Stadium (just a couple of miles up the road from Kelly Reeves stadium). Vista will be preforming Turning the Tables before the game (half time will be middle school night for Vista). If you want to see the show come around 6 to 6:15 pm. so you can get in and seated in time. I am not sure of Vandergrift's plans for 1/2 time but hope they will be performing the full show!

It should be a good football game also, both teams are undefeated!

What's your thought's on umbrella's in the stands for shade (only between performances) and umbrella etiquette in general at Marching contest?  (#bringyourownshade)

as someone who has sat through many wet Austin shows - the etiquette is stay dry without ticking off the person behind you - invite them under the umbrella  :D  

Also just watched Vista and Vandegrift. Both looked good. I think I'd favor Vista on GE and Visual and VHS on quality of music performance.

I'm partial to VR since my kids go there, but objectively I can say CTJ is far from a lock on the gold tomorrow. In fairness I haven't seen their show. VR this year is bigger and more confident... Will see if that translates to results.

Also, been coming to these things for five years now and I will never understand the GE category.

I haven't seen Leander yet but I'm guessing they haven't been idle either.

Like other posters, I kind of think Cedar Park is going to be out for blood. Last year was a down year, I bet they're our for redemption.