#TeamTexas - Grand Nats Gathering

Ok, I just purchased flights to Indy, so I will be there solo, as my wife is getting ready to start an intensive certification program that runs on weekends for 9 weeks. I had to wait until after the info session today to be sure about what her plans were.

Funny thing is, I went and just scored finals tickets in row 1 of section 440. So waiting was not really a bad thing as far as tickets go....

Ok, I just purchased flights to Indy, so I will be there solo, as my wife is getting ready to start an intensive certification program that runs on weekends for 9 weeks. I had to wait until after the info session today to be sure about what her plans were.

Funny thing is, I went and just scored finals tickets in row 1 of section 440. So waiting was not really a bad thing as far as tickets go....

Yes if you are just getting one ticket, you can definitely score a good one!

just spoke with the Westin Indy 

They have an open lobby lounge but they are willing to rope off an area Friday night from about 7:30 or so and put up a reserved sign for #teamtexas

they are seeing if they can get me a connection to put flomarching from my laptop to a TV - the GM will call me back next week if he can arrange it.

as we can be very confident that the 6 Texas Bands will advance to semis on Saturday - thought we could get together Friday evening and have a watch party of the prelim results at the hotel with some food and adult beverages.

Hope to see many of you there

They have an open lobby lounge but they are willing to rope off an area Friday night from about 7:30 or so and put up a reserved sign for #teamtexas

they are seeing if they can get me a connection to put flomarching from my laptop to a TV - the GM will call me back next week if he can arrange it.

as we can be very confident that the 6 Texas Bands will advance to semis on Saturday - thought we could get together Friday evening and have a watch party of the prelim results at the hotel with some food and adult beverages.

This sounds like a great plan.  Maybe we can just bring an HDMI cord and find a big tv somewhere?  :)

This sounds like a great plan.  Maybe we can just bring an HDMI cord and find a big tv somewhere?  :)

I have 2 suites in the Westin but they have a "NO PARTIES" rule there- otherwise we could just tie into the TV in the suite - depending on the size of the group - that still may be our best option - but I thought it could be fun to just hang out and talk band while we see the results come in

Sounds great to me. I plan on arriving Wednesday evening as long as there aren't any travel hiccups at the airports (it can snow in mid-November there).

I have 2 suites in the Westin but they have a "NO PARTIES" rule there- otherwise we could just tie into the TV in the suite - depending on the size of the group - that still may be our best option - but I thought it could be fun to just hang out and talk band while we see the results come in

Yes, the condo I am renting near LOS has the same policy otherwise it would be a fantastic place to meet up.  I can understand why they have those policies, but it is frustrating for sure.  I wonder about a nearby restaurant with a private room?  Yard House is very near LOS and I remember passing the entire Bentonville band coming out of there when we stepped in for dinner.  If they have room for an entire band, I bet they could have room for our small group.  But it may involve a fee, which we would want to avoid.  I sure do like this watch party idea, though.  It would be far more relaxing than sitting in Lucas Oil all Friday evening listening to prelims results.  In fact, I probably would just head back to my condo rather than sit there that long.  

Actually it looks like the Yard House does this sort of thing.  https://www.yardhouse.com/private-dining/home.  We would need an idea of numbers first though.  And whether or not we could hook up to a TV.  Hopefully the Westin can help us out!

the Westin does private rooms as well, but like the yardhouse, they are going to have a minimum buy to get the room. you have to ensure a minimum purchase to reserve them - I think the Westin lobby lounge being reserved should work well. no cost, enjoy some drinks and chat - even if we have to see the results on a laptop - the idea is to relax and put faces to names - right? and of course talk TXBands. - I will bring speakers so we can all hear the results. I think it will be a great time for all.

I intend to send invites to have the directors of the 6 programs drop by to chat - CTJ director committed to be there - 

the Westin does private rooms as well, but like the yardhouse, they are going to have a minimum buy to get the room. you have to ensure a minimum purchase to reserve them - I think the Westin lobby lounge being reserved should work well. no cost, enjoy some drinks and chat - even if we have to see the results on a laptop - the idea is to relax and put faces to names - right? and of course talk TXBands. - I will bring speakers so we can all hear the results. I think it will be a great time for all.

I intend to send invites to have the directors of the 6 programs drop by to chat - CTJ director committed to be there -

Yes, I love this so much. Please let me know what I can do to help!

• 1 month later...

so - I am trying to work out the details with the Westin

Round Rock is the only program that is on Friday Night (7:15PM) 

the awards will likely not be until 8:45 or so and the other Texas Bands perform Thursday Night or Friday before lunch

I was thinking of a watch party in the Lobby of the Westin at 7:30PM on Friday - they have bar service and appetizers and they are working on setting up a TV to link to my PC so we can watch the prelim results there.

I am working on a party of 20 - give me your thoughts if you are going to join the event so I can get a head count

anticipate that all Texas bands will advance to Semi's

hope to see you all there

I would like to stop by, but probably won’t be one to count on for more than a quick hello... I’m traveling with my hubby that’s a bit of an introvert... so it’s still in negotiation what we will be doing in our free time we spend outside of LOS. But I really do hope I can talk him into a brief visit- or convince him to go do something on his own while I stop by and meet people. :)

My 20 year old daughter and I will be there. No drinks for us. ;)

no need to have drinks - just looking forward to meeting everyone - I will be working the field at BOA SA all day Friday and Saturday so I will not get to mingle. 

I have invited some of the directors to join us and also hope we see some our TXBands crew at some point

no need to have drinks - just looking forward to meeting everyone - I will be working the field at BOA SA all day Friday and Saturday so I will not get to mingle. 

I have invited some of the directors to join us and also hope we see some our TXBands crew at some point

final details should be available today 

so - it looks like we have the "Perfect Seasons" room on the second floor of the Westin Hotel. we have the room from 7am to 12PM

still working out the details right now

we have a TV for the announcements of the prelims results with food an drinks

hope you all can join the party

we have a number if directors joining us after the shows

hope to see you there

so - it looks like we have the "Perfect Seasons" room on the second floor of the Westin Hotel. we have the room from 7am to 12PM

still working out the details right now

we have a TV for the announcements of the prelims results with food an drinks

hope you all can join the party

we have a number if directors joining us after the shows

hope to see you there

Is that 7pm to 12am rather than 7am to 12pm?