#TeamTexas - Grand Nats Gathering

My wife and I are staying at the Westin in Indy for Grand Nats 2019

We are thinking that it could be fund to do a #TeamTexas gathering on Friday night after prelims.

could be a great time as #TeamTexas prepares for Semi's on Saturday morning (cause we know that all Texas bands will advance)

First round of drinks are on me - let me know your thoughts......

Hoping the TXBANDs staff can attend

Need to get an idea of the size/scope

Sounds like a great plan (though you certainly don’t need to pay for any drinks). :)

My daughter and I are renting a condo about a mile from LOS and plan to walk and Uber everywhere we go, so we could definitely make it.

There are also some very nice mingling places near LOS as well if we need the space. My personal favorites were High Velocity (on the street level of the JW Marriott hotel) and the Yard House.

Sounds like a great plan (though you certainly don’t need to pay for any drinks). :)

My daughter and I are renting a condo about a mile from LOS and plan to walk and Uber everywhere we go, so we could definitely make it.

There are also some very nice mingling places near LOS as well if we need the space. My personal favorites were High Velocity (on the street level of the JW Marriott hotel) and the Yard House.

we live on the JW in San Antonio and love the High Velocity sports bar - just cant reserve any space. the Westin will give a dedicated space in the bar area

• 4 weeks later...

I’ll be in Indy probably first thing Thursday! Maybe Wednesday night depending on how my classes fall.

Thursday prelims should be starting on the later side this year with only 85 bands. Maybe around 11!

Nice! I don’t know yet what time I’ll be there on Thursday but I’ll be there! Also need to pace myself on attending every performance. I get so excited at first but I run out of gas before finals. I need to do better at resting a bit each day of the competition. We will see if I can actually manage to do that.

Nice! I don’t know yet what time I’ll be there on Thursday but I’ll be there! Also need to pace myself on attending every performance. I get so excited at first but I run out of gas before finals. I need to do better at resting a bit each day of the competition. We will see if I can actually manage to do that.

I am getting there on Wednesday - as we get closer and get some schedules we can make sure that we do not miss any Texas Bands (or any others that we are fond of and want to see) the Westin is close to the stadium and I believe some of the bands may be staying there.

as we get an idea of the timelines, we can get a schedule put together - want to make it easy for folks to join the party - including our TXBands moderators.

Maybe we can even get some Texas Directors to join the party????? time will tell

I am getting there on Wednesday - as we get closer and get some schedules we can make sure that we do not miss any Texas Bands (or any others that we are fond of and want to see) the Westin is close to the stadium and I believe some of the bands may be staying there.

as we get an idea of the timelines, we can get a schedule put together - want to make it easy for folks to join the party - including our TXBands moderators.

Maybe we can even get some Texas Directors to join the party????? time will tell

This sounds fantastic. I hope we can all meet up several times this fall.

I'll be there thursday- not sure what time though.  

TWHS has been given a 9 am prelim slot on Friday morning... so I know where I'll be then.  :)

The band will be staying at the Downtown Marriott- we were just given that news this week.

So no hotel change in the middle like last time? That was so much fun!

And hopefully the buses at the airport aren't 45 minutes late....

And hopefully the buses actually close the doors on the baggage so people don't get to the hotel and have no luggage again....

Ahh, 2017 was so much fun!

So no hotel change in the middle like last time? That was so much fun!

And hopefully the buses at the airport aren't 45 minutes late....

And hopefully the buses actually close the doors on the baggage so people don't get to the hotel and have no luggage again....

Ahh, 2017 was so much fun!

Yes... no schlepping luggage by hand through downtown Indy while herding kids and not knowing where we are going, and we shouldn’t be seeing random people wearing TWHS gear because the luggage fell out of the bus and was lost.

Jeremiah and Dan attending - now it is a party

I think this will be a great chance to share stories and Texas band experiences

I am working on the #teamtexas shirts and will offer them to all 6 bands performing in Indy - at that time, I will extend and invite to those directors - 

I will finalize the details as we get the schedules for all the Texas bands but I spoke to the Westin Indy today. I have a suite that will entertain 40-50 with a bar and bartender - it has a direct view of Lucas Oil Stadium.

keep in mind - we all came together via TxBands - as I say every year - be sure to make a donation to TXBands site - I am making my 2019 donation today - please do the same

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be there thursday- not sure what time though.

TWHS has been given a 9 am prelim slot on Friday morning... so I know where I'll be then. :)

The band will be staying at the Downtown Marriott- we were just given that news this week.

Leander performs early Friday morning as well. I wonder if it’s going to be one big Texas sized block! :D

I’m booking my flight now. Just trying to work things around my 20 year old’s college classes on Thursday. Looks like it might be a late afternoon flight for us that day, and an early day at LOS on Friday!

• 2 months later...

My wife and I are staying at the Westin in Indy for Grand Nats 2019

We are thinking that it could be fund to do a #TeamTexas gathering on Friday night after prelims.

could be a great time as #TeamTexas prepares for Semi's on Saturday morning (cause we know that all Texas bands will advance)

First round of drinks are on me - let me know your thoughts......

Hoping the TXBANDs staff can attend

Need to get an idea of the size/scope

As the season begin to get underway - I wanted to get an idea of who may attend an event if I put it together on Friday Night at the Westin? - very close to the LOS

it may be late, as we do not have times for the prelim announcements yet but we can assume it will be 11pm or so and have no idea where our Texas Bands will land in semi time slots.so I know it is iffy at best.

just want to get an idea of how many bodies I may need to plan for and if they will do so this late

who is interested in a gathering? we could do it earlier if there are those interested in watching the awards online - as we know all our Texasbands will advance to Semi-finals

let me know your thoughts

As the season begin to get underway - I wanted to get an idea of who may attend an event if I put it together on Friday Night at the Westin? - very close to the LOS

it may be late, as we do not have times for the prelim announcements yet but we can assume it will be 11pm or so and have no idea where our Texas Bands will land in semi time slots.so I know it is iffy at best.

just want to get an idea of how many bodies I may need to plan for and if they will do so this late

who is interested in a gathering? we could do it earlier if there are those interested in watching the awards online - as we know all our Texasbands will advance to Semi-finals

If I am there I would be interested. I will know significantly more about my plans after today.

Ohhh I like the idea of a watch party on Friday evening!