Music For All Forums Shutting Down

BigTrombone

On Monday, the Music For All forums will be shut down. The official statement from DaveAdmin: "In keeping with our mission and goals to best serve students, parents, teachers, and supporters, the forums will be closed and deactivated as of 12 noon Monday, March 4, 2019. We are announcing the closing of the forums in advance in order to give our users the opportunity to connect with each other in the remaining time.

The forums were created as a place for fans to connect, at a time before there were places to connect online like social media, etc. Since its beginnings, we have appreciated our forum users and your passion and enthusiasm for Bands of America, Music for All, and the hundreds of thousands of student performers at our events. Friendships have been formed via the forums that continue to this day, both online and in “real life.” Thank you for being part of our community and we hope you’ll continue to connect with us through our other online channels.

The forums have far outlived their expected lifespan and intention. With our ever-growing programs and online presence, Music for All is no longer able to maintain and monitor the forums to our standards. Music for All will focus on maintaining the social media connect points that are most active today and consider ways to improve that experience on those channels."

• 2 months later...

I just found out about this and it actually kind of hit me.  I knew of people that got married who met on the BOA Forums.  It seemed like at it's height of popularity around 2001-2005 or so, there was a new post in the Student Section every 5 minutes so you could just hit refresh and comment on some serious or silly post all night.  I was a pretty active member there for a number of years and made many good friends that I could still pick right up with even though I haven't seen them in a very long time.  

We used to all get on AIM and chat til the wee hours and became friends in real life.  I'll always remember the times we went to BOA Houston and driving back with Dan AV telling ghost stories as well as DCI San Antonio when we would all meet up at the Alamo for a group picture and then head over to Fuddrucker's or Rivercenter Mall followed by the trek to the Alamodome.  I remember staying up and playing Timesplitters over at AV's house after being pissed that Carmel had won in San Antonio in 2002 or meeting up at the IHOP on 281/1604 for some after-show grub. 

The forums closing down for good is really sad, but it will never be as sad as Crockett '93.  :(

Here's the photo of us at DCI in San Antonio in 2003. post-339-0-35007600-1557177215_thumb.jpg

I just found out about this and it actually kind of hit me. I knew of people that got married who met on the BOA Forums. It seemed like at it's height of popularity around 2001-2005 or so, there was a new post in the Student Section every 5 minutes so you could just hit refresh and comment on some serious or silly post all night. I was a pretty active member there for a number of years and made many good friends that I could still pick right up with even though I haven't seen them in a very long time.

We used to all get on AIM and chat til the wee hours and became friends in real life. I'll always remember the times we went to BOA Houston and driving back with Dan AV telling ghost stories as well as DCI San Antonio when we would all meet up at the Alamo for a group picture and then head over to Fuddrucker's or Rivercenter Mall followed by the trek to the Alamodome. I remember staying up and playing Timesplitters over at AV's house after being pissed that Carmel had won in San Antonio in 2002 or meeting up at the IHOP on 281/1604 for some after-show grub.

The forums closing down for good is really sad, but it will never be as sad as Crockett '93. :(

Here's the photo of us at DCI in San Antonio in 2003. BOAatDCI2k3jpg.jpg

Well, keep on coming here and join us on the Horn rank forum as well. Love the picture and the great memories! Even the sad Crockett story. Never forget!!

Who’s Dan AV?

Well, keep on coming here and join us on the Horn rank forum as well. Love the picture and the great memories! Even the sad Crockett story. Never forget!!

Who’s Dan AV?

Dan is a good friend from those days who went to Reagan.  He hosted us at his house after BOA San Antonio 2002.  Him, Danpod, me, and a ton of other people are all good friends even though we haven't seen each other in quite some time.  Danpod's mom actually was nice enough to make him and I and I think one other person breakfast tacos after staying there once.

Dan is a good friend from those days who went to Reagan. He hosted us at his house after BOA San Antonio 2002. Him, Danpod, me, and a ton of other people are all good friends even though we haven't seen each other in quite some time. Danpod's mom actually was nice enough to make him and I and I think one other person breakfast tacos after staying there once.

I heard Danpod’s mom is a pretty darn good cook.

She is. I don't know how to 'tag' Danpod so he'll see this thread, but if you see him, tell him hello from Horatio(not my real name, but anyways).

SWEET BABY BOY!!!!

All of what he said was entirely true. We carved out a beautiful community on the BOA Forums and I will remember those crazy people forever!!!

And setting the Lion Humanoids on fire in TimeSplitters was probably the hardest I have ever laughed.

SWEET BABY BOY!!!!

All of what he said was entirely true. We carved out a beautiful community on the BOA Forums and I will remember those crazy people forever!!!

And setting the Lion Humanoids on fire in TimeSplitters was probably the hardest I have ever laughed.

I particularly like the picture he posted.   :D