2019 Band Productions

I have spent a great deal of time watching videos today - while this will be an amazing season - I believe that I now understand the question posted earlier - "why do you not want others to see your video?" ........ because some programs are further ahead than others - let's chat in 3 weeks

Which is why the band directors don’t want them posted this early. But what can you do?

That’s because everyone wants to see what we’re doing.

Seriously though, that woman from Pflugerville is going to have so many views on the “little band video” she posted, she’s going to be flabbergasted. :lol:

the "high view" I have from CTJ preview has a hundred views - and they are ALL MINE!!! see you in Austin in 3 weeks  :P

James Martin HS (Arlington)

Video from a football game but its from behind sadly

There is a run of their show from the front, alumni here, it’s always nice to hear them get mentioned on here, hopefully this video reflects more what they’re doing this year, and I’m hopeful they do well at the contests they are going to this year

There is a run of their show from the front, alumni here, it’s always nice to hear them get mentioned on here, hopefully this video reflects more what they’re doing this year, and I’m hopeful they do well at the contests they are going to this year

I really like their props this year. I'll only get to see them live at Waco but I can't wait to see what it looks like then

There's a decent video of Round Rock up. I like the music and the energy. I'm wondering if the Satie is going to be a pre-show. I don't think this show is quite as far along performance-wise as they used to be around this time (back a few years ago when they were a consistent SA finalist), but I still think they'll be in contention for finals at all the events they attend.

Oh, also, the CTJ shakos are a whole lot of fun. Kind of reminds me of an 80s hair band or something, like Motley Crue. :lol:

as a teen from the 80's - I though the same thing - they seem to work well with the show - they flow with their dance movements and add to the overall show. will go well with the rest of the costumes planned for the supporting cast

I just saw Rouse's show last night and I've gotta say, that was quite a show.

Bummer I missed it. I just couldn’t get my tired self off the couch last night to head the two whole miles over there and watch. Also I saw that it was Middle School night so I figured they wouldn’t march their show. That’s what I get!

Can’t wait to see it. And my former preschool kiddo who’s now a drum major at Rouse!

Shoulda gone. :/

Spent the morning searching the internet for shows, heres what I saw:

Flowermound: As always, visually, they look phenomenal, especially for how early into the season we are. The music is also very strong, although in the video I found, they were still on a met, and the woodwind features were difficult to hear because they were not miced. As strong as ever overall.

Cedar Park: Very impressed, musically. Visually is solid as well, but seems to be on the easier side, likely because its a state year. Can easily see this being a comeback year for them as well.

Round Rock: Very Theatrical beginning, students seem to be mimes? Initial impact is very exciting, loudest impact ive heard from any band thus far. After initial impact, it's a typical RR show-High speed and intense. Very difficult features in the show, seems to be a back to back Woodwind-High brass-Low brass features. Excited to see more theatrics once they get more of their show on the field. Seems like the show is going to peak late, good for a grands nats year :)

Leander: I have no words, just wait for Austin. I can easily see them medaling at every event they attend.

Looks to be an interesting season :)

Pretty much par for the course for Flower Mound. Maybe a *little* bit weaker, but not by much. That is one HUGE rifle line at the beginning of the show. Overall, the guard is way better than any of the other groups I've seen so far, at least from a perspective of ensemble cleanliness. The opening music is pure, scorched-earth excitement. The drill is maybe a little too neatly symmetrical for my tastes in parts, but overall it's effective. Like virtually all groups right now, the ensemble sound is a little unfocused at times. Not a huge fan of the re-use of the colorful tarps, but they make an eye-popping statement with those pretty, curvilinear forms and backfield flags. Are those "glass" boxes on the field? Are they climbing inside of them or something? I can't tell.

I love the FloMo visual style and how it’s present with the body movement at the start. It always amazes me how they are able to get so much out there so fast and still have it clean. The guard is spectacular. Musically I could see them and Keller fighting for second place at DFW. The show kind of reminds me of the Flo Modern show and the Ballad is definitely from the beginning of Surreal?