8th - 79.925 - Brandeis HS

7th - 81.175 - Bowie HS

6th - 82.000 - Winston Churchill HS

5th - 84.300 - Cedar Park HS

4th - 84.650 - Rouse HS

3rd - 86.175 - Leander HS

2nd - 88.063 - Vandegrift HS

1st - 90.225 - Ronald Reagan HS

Just saw the prelims scores. Weiss was in 11th by 0.088 behind 10th. Talking to kids and what they had discussed, going that early was a detriment, and not just because being early makes it hard to get into finals.

They had an away game last night, and had to be back up at the band hall by 5 this morning. But they stayed for almost all of finals.

I got to see finals too, and was impressed with a lot of the performance improvements I saw from previous weeks.

We sat in the middle of a great Reagan crowd and talked about old shows. They even passed us some orange and yellow ribbons for their finale! One of those moms showed me what was being said about Weiss on here since I hadn't stopped to look at the site lately.

Just saw the prelims scores. Weiss was in 11th by 0.088 behind 10th. Talking to kids and what they had discussed, going that early was a detriment, and not just because being early makes it hard to get into finals.

They had an away game last night, and had to be back up at the band hall by 5 this morning. But they stayed for almost all of finals.

I got to see finals too, and was impressed with a lot of the performance improvements I saw from previous weeks.

We sat in the middle of a great Reagan crowd and talked about old shows. They even passed us some orange and yellow ribbons for their finale! One of those moms showed me what was being said about Weiss on here since I hadn't stopped to look at the site lately.

Do you by any chance have the preliminary scores on hand?

Edit: Weiss also really caught my attention this morning. That programs got something special. I’m gonna have my eye on them for the next few years.

Do you by any chance have the preliminary scores on hand?

Edit: Weiss also really caught my attention this morning. That programs got something special. I’m gonna have my eye on them for the next few years.

Thanks! It's the school's third year and first with seniors. And we got a new director in January.

The kids hit the ground running when the school opened and haven't stopped. The original director took them to BOA St Louis Super Regionals last year (where they got 9th!), and the new one's pushing them just as hard. And they keep rising to exceed expectations.

UIL calls it a small 5A so far, but it easily could get classed up for next year. And the feeder schools are bursting at the seams. My wife teaches at an elementary that feeds into Weiss, and they have almost 1,200! The middle school between her elementary and Weiss is also way over crowded. It's got a great band program that two of mine went through.

In the next three years we're opening two more elementaries and a middle to feed into Weiss.

So this band is going to get bigger and even better fast. :)

Edited to add more info above