Texas Marching Classic 2019

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen people saying the same for the Vista Ridge Marching Festival, but I think it'd be great if TMC was in the predictions page too along with it! Both of the contests have some pretty dang great bands, are being hosted by some very dependable programs, and are fairly consistent in being well run contests.

New website is live...

www.texasmarchingclassic.org

I could not find any information on this website about the schedule.  Our director told us our prelims time, but does any one else know the complete schedule?  I am assuming there is a finals, but don't know when it starts or when DM retreat / prelims awards / finals announcements are.  Also am curious when the other bands perform.  If anyone could please respond with some of those key schedule details, that would be great.  Thanks!!

So having seen some results from Austin and other competitions, does anyone wanna take a stab at predictions? I have my money on Vandy after their particularly strong showing at Austin, but Reagan is an incredibly consistent program always putting on well performed and designed shows, and I've not seen anything from them so far this year, so who knows? All I know is that I can't wait for this competition. Also, does anyone know if it gets streamed online anywhere? Thanks!

Manor HS 9:45

Weiss HS 10:00

Akins HS 10:15

Midway HS 10:30

BREAK

Harker Heights HS 11:00

Cedar Park HS 11:15

Copperas Cove HS 11:30

Rouse HS 11:45

McNeil HS 12:00

Johnson HS (Buda, TX) 12:15

LUNCH

Sandra Day O'Connor HS 1:30

Churchill HS 1:45

Belton HS 2:00

John Paul Stevens HS 2:15

Vandegrift HS 2:30

Hendrickson HS 2:45

BREAK

Leander HS 3:15

Louis D Brandeis HS 3:30

Jack C Hays HS 3:45

James Bowie HS (Austin) 4:00

Clements HS 4:15

Ronald Reagan HS 4:30

Potential Exhibition Group. 4:45

Prelims Awards 5:00

I think despite the massive numbers out of Houston this contest is going to be very close at the top.

Firstly the clear top 3

Vandy,Reagan, and Leander are going to be slugging it out for the win and I have a feeling caption sharing is going to rampant.

Music: I feel like this one is less obvious than some may think. Leander was only 25 hundredths (. 025) away from vandy in music at Austin. Reagan can very much play with best of them as well. If I had to pick right now I'd say vandy, but only by the skin of their teeth.

Visual: Here things get really interesting. All three programs have incredibly different but very high level visual programs. My gut says leander with how modern their body work is, but it'll depend on judge preference.

GE: I feel pretty much the same about this as visual. I don't think vandy retains the massive GE gap they had at Austin, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them still take it. In fact, any of the three taking GE wouldn't surprise me. They're all so different from one another. My gut says leander but hey I'm a Homer, and I love the kind of music they play. I'd listen to Dr. Atomic symphony while studying before Mozart but I understand that's not everyone.

TMC actually has seperate captions for guard and percussion (each worth 10) that make GE worth 40 instead of the BOA 60. I'd give guard to leander and percussion to vandy right now, but the effect of reagan's sea of flags cannot be counted out.

My one week out top three guess is

1.Vandy music, GE (tie), percussion

2.Leander visual, GE (tie), guard

3.Reagan (close second in every caption)

I expect the top 3 to be within half a point of each other.

As usual very late to the game, but I was wondering who all (member here wise) was going to be at TMC? I'll be chaperoning  and I was wondering if there were going to be people meeting up as it would be nice to put faces to screen names. 

I've been incognito on the board as I'm still completely  lost, and I'm having a really difficult year, but I'm learning from y'all. 

Amy

As usual very late to the game, but I was wondering who all (member here wise) was going to be at TMC? I'll be chaperoning and I was wondering if there were going to be people meeting up as it would be nice to put faces to screen names.

I've been incognito on the board as I'm still completely lost, and I'm having a really difficult year, but I'm learning from y'all.

Amy

I’ll be there Amy! Usually up high on the 50. Wearing my Leander RadioActive T-shirt no doubt. Hope to meet you there!

~Cindy

Seriously though, I can start a LeanderMomma Instagram page and at least try and give a lot of info and content that way if anyone is interested.

Edit: I went ahead and started an Instagram account under my leandermomma moniker if anyone wants to follow it. It ain’t the same as following @danpodvaldres I know but hit me up!

I am the first follower, so I win