BOA Waco 2019

I know this is the wrong thread but Waco is over and I had the worst thought come to me.

What if every band that wanted to compete was given the same show. Just like all-state audition etudes. Marching band would be so sad and boring.

The question is who would win in that scenario. Who is the most "talented" band regardless of design? What is the show given to the groups like? A controversial but interesting question to think about.

Every band doing the same show sounds so sad. But the sightreading of the show sounds kinda fun actually. Maybe a 30 second portion separate from the field performance where every band gets the same 30 seconds of music and drill and they get judged on execution, 5 minutes of rehearsal work and re-execution.

Edit: Also I know this is a ridiculous concept, I just think it would be hilarious to witness.

Every band doing the same show sounds so sad. But the sightreading of the show sounds kinda fun actually. Maybe a 30 second portion separate from the field performance where every band gets the same 30 seconds of music and drill and they get judged on execution, 5 minutes of rehearsal work and re-execution.

Edit: Also I know this is a ridiculous concept, I just think it would be hilarious to witness.

Now this. This is epic.