BOA Waco 2019

I wanna here some more predictions, and I'll start with mine with some Hays bias and a shot in the dark for finals. I tried looking up Band_Dad_of_2's selections and I couldn't find shows for Centennial, Martin, Richland, Lake Ridge, and Mansfield.

1. Bowie

2. Keller

3. Duncanville

4. Sachse

5. Hendrickson

6. Waxahachie

7. Hays

8. Dripping Springs

9. Richland

10. Martin

There are several videos of Martin on youtube. Just look up James Martin HS Marching band 2019. I think the most recent one is from Preview of Champions.

This is a pretty subpar season for Hendrickson, in contrast with James Martin. Pretty confident James Martin can be a top half contender. 

Yeah...I'm re-thinking that choice after last week's results.  I'm pretty sure about my top 4...I want to see Seven Lakes push the top 3 but Waxahachie is tough. 

After those 4, it's anyone's game...after my top 4, there are a lot of bands on a similar level.  I think Martin and Richland are on a similar level along with Centennial but after Centennial's result at BOA DFW, I'm giving the edge to Martin and then Richland.  The Wylie contest had Sachse, Lake Ridge and Duncanville finishing 3rd, 5th and 6th respectively but that competition was more of a UIL-type contest (no GE scored). 

Just because I like over-thinking things and second-guessing myself, I'm going to go with this.

Top 5

Keller

Bowie (Austin)

Waxahachie

Seven Lakes

Martin/Richland

Next 5

Martin/Richland

Hendrickson

Centennial

Lake Ridge

Duncanville

Bubble/Could replace some in the bottom 5

Mansfield

Dripping Springs

You guys, don't underestimate Bowie (Austin) OR Hendrickson!  The improvement they made the two weeks between BOA Austin and TMC last Saturday were quite substantial!  I felt like I was watching two completely different bands from what I saw the first time.  Very nice shows!  And so entertaining.  Watch them and enjoy!  They're great!

Edit.  Were = was.  Dang grammar mistakes.  I hate them.   :lol:

You guys, don't underestimate Bowie (Austin) OR Hendrickson! The improvement they made the two weeks between BOA Austin and TMC last Saturday were quite substantial! I felt like I was watching two completely different bands from what I saw the first time. Very nice shows! And so entertaining. Watch them and enjoy! They're great!

Also, don’t underestimate Seven Lakes! Or Waxahachie! :)

I had very similar sentiments watching 7L perform this past weekend at the Katy Marching Festival. (Especially that closer!)

New week, new performances! Anything can happen.

I LOVE James Bowie's show and I hope Hendrickson does well. Their show is a lot of fun. It is a new week and the season is moving along (too fast imo). 

But now I am rethinking my predictions.... I can't decide.

The crowd was on fire for both shows at TMC on Saturday.  Especially in finals.  They both really brought it, and the entertainment factor from each was through the roof (if there had been a roof, of course.  ;)).

For you folks going on Saturday, be aware that the parking losts 1 & 2 at McLane Stadium are only open to folks attending the Magnolia Fest in Downtown Waco. they have a big concert being put on Saturday evening. Estimated crowd is 25,000. Be prepared for a gigantic crowd near the stadium and of course 7 miles a way is the UIL Region contest. The concert will probably outlast the finals on Saturday evening. Good luck.

For you folks going on Saturday, be aware that the parking losts 1 & 2 at McLane Stadium are only open to folks attending the Magnolia Fest in Downtown Waco. they have a big concert being put on Saturday evening. Estimated crowd is 25,000. Be prepared for a gigantic crowd near the stadium and of course 7 miles a way is the UIL Region contest. The concert will probably outlast the finals on Saturday evening. Good luck.

Not worried. I plan on parking at a Bush’s Chicken and then taking the Gravy Train over to the stadium.

Not worried. I plan on parking at a Bush’s Chicken and then taking the Gravy Train over to the stadium.

Solid plan.  Really....solid.....plan.

I was talking to someone who came up to a concert from Austin last weekend...it was UT/OU weekend and Baylor had a home game.  He said there were saying the route through Waco could take over an hour but there was a route several miles out of the way that would get you around Waco in about 30 minutes. 

Waco....who knew????

So the weather looks like it's going to cooperate and this regional will actually happen.

I know this is a college stadium and Baylor at that, but does anyone know if BOA made arrangements for concessions? We don't want another contest like Dallas.

This weather could not be more opposite from 2018.  We went from rain every weekend last year to nothing this year.

By the way, I'm fine with this....let the flood gates open once marching season is over!!

I love that there are so many groups attending that dont often participate in BOA. It makes predicting this difficult, but it is exciting to see how they will all do!

Based on the participants list these last 2 years, this regional seems to play the role of “Let’s shove an assorted selection of triangle programs into a blender [and sprinkle some non-triangle programs as well] and observe what ensues.” It seems that there’s no other regional in the state like this, as all other Texas BOA regionals cover some sort of geographical niche (metro or otherwise). This factor will make Waco that much more unpredictable and enjoyable.

I love that there are so many groups attending that dont often participate in BOA. It makes predicting this difficult, but it is exciting to see how they will all do!

Actually BOA is wise in using this stadiuim. UIL Region 8 which Waco is in has almost no interest in BOA. It could be that is because 40 of the 66 HS Bands in the region are AAA and Below. Only 14 Bands are in Class 5A &6A. Of those only Belton, who went to Austin have competed in previous years. This year Robinson will compete at Waco. The school is only 6 miles from the Stadium and they got a good time for their UIL Regional Performance. Nice 4A Band but they will not advance to the finals.