BOA Waco 2019

The last time Richland beat Marcus was 2005 San Antonio Prelims. Marcus has been undefeated since.

I think I found out what I think I was mistaking it for. Richland was 2nd at HEB in 2016, right behind Marcus. Guess all the talk about Richland possibly beating Marcus made me think they actually beat them recently.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I found out what I think I was mistaking it for. Richland was 2nd at HEB in 2016, right behind Marcus. Guess all the talk about Richland possibly beating Marcus made me think they actually beat them recently.

Richland is going through a ton (a TON) of changes staff-wise, too.  Two directors have moved from last year and that is on the heels of their Head Director leaving last year.

That being said, Richland is a resilient band who's seen a nice little upswing in their results over the last couple of years.  It's also nice to see them back in the BOA picture.

As I declared with Prosper last year, dismiss Richland at your own peril.

• 2 weeks later...

Aledo H.S., TX*
Anderson H.S., TX
Burleson Centennial H.S., TX
Cleburne H.S., TX
Dripping Springs H.S., TX
Duncanville H.S., TX
Forney H.S., TX
J.J. Pearce H.S., TX
Jack C. Hays H.S., TX
James Bowie H.S., TX
James Martin H.S., TX
John Horn H.S., TX
Keller H.S., TX
L.V. Berkner H.S., TX
Lake Ridge H.S., TX
Lamar H.S., TX
Lorena H.S., TX
Magnolia H.S., TX
Mansfield H.S., TX
North Garland H.S., TX
North Mesquite H.S., TX*
Richland H.S., TX
Ridge Point H.S. Band, TX
Robert E. Hendrickson H.S., TX
Robinson H.S., TX
Round Rock H.S., TX
Sachse H.S., TX
Seven Lakes H.S., TX
South Grand Prairie H.S., TX
W. Charles Akins H.S., TX
Waxahachie H.S., TX*

As of June 6

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Medalist Lock:

1. Keller

Medalist Contenders:

2. Round Rock

3. Bowie

3. Waxahachie

3. Hendrickson

Finals Locks:

6. Seven Lakes

6. Dripping Springs

8. John Horn

Finals Contenders:

9. Duncanville

10. James Martin

Is Round Rock making major changes this year? What makes you say they would be above Hendrickson and Bowie?

Is Round Rock making major changes this year? What makes you say they would be above Hendrickson and Bowie?

Precisely.

"I saw Round Rock's show preview tonight. RR has taken the bull by the horns. They've had a complete change in their design team,working with people from Carolina Crown/Paramount winterguard/ Tarpon Springs. They have a new music arranger. I don't remember his name. I'm very excited for the potential of this show. It's called A Simple Gesture. They will use mime/gestures, though no particular story line. It looks to be a very theatrical production. Music from Pagliacci-Vesti La Giubba  ( I could hum it for you if I'm wrong).  Music from Cirque du Soleil and I'm not sure who else." - Posted by scoobydoo on the BOA SA topic

Otherwise, I would have had them 5th.

Precisely.

"I saw Round Rock's show preview tonight. RR has taken the bull by the horns. They've had a complete change in their design team,working with people from Carolina Crown/Paramount winterguard/ Tarpon Springs. They have a new music arranger. I don't remember his name. I'm very excited for the potential of this show. It's called A Simple Gesture. They will use mime/gestures, though no particular story line. It looks to be a very theatrical production. Music from Pagliacci-Vesti La Giubba ( I could hum it for you if I'm wrong). Music from Cirque du Soleil and I'm not sure who else." - Posted by scoobydoo on the BOA SA topic

Otherwise, I would have had them 5th.

Now I’m excited. They had some of my favorite shows before 2017.

The assistant/marching band director from John Horn left to McCallum High, so I honestly don't think Horn will make Finals anymore :/

He went to rock wall high school not Mccallum. Nevertheless he left John Horn so prospects definitely don’t look as good. However, Rockwall is gathering an impressive staff, they may be the next band to explode in dfw.