2019 WGI - TCGC Season

I know our girls are gearing up for the trip to Austin.  They are excited to be there with other scholastic world guards.  It's hard for them to gauge their program when they rarely get a chance to see those in the same class as they are.  I'm excited to hear some feedback from it. :)

I know our girls are gearing up for the trip to Austin. They are excited to be there with other scholastic world guards. It's hard for them to gauge their program when they rarely get a chance to see those in the same class as they are. I'm excited to hear some feedback from it. :)

World Class will be fun! Safe travels!

I know our girls are gearing up for the trip to Austin. They are excited to be there with other scholastic world guards. It's hard for them to gauge their program when they rarely get a chance to see those in the same class as they are. I'm excited to hear some feedback from it. :)

Scores after prelims of the 3 world groups:

1 James Bowie HS (Austin) (Austin, Texas) 73.700

2 The Woodlands HS (The Woodlands, TX) 73.300

3 Claudia Taylor Johnson HS (San antonio, TX) 63.500

TWHS was awesome tonight. Definitely my favorite of the three world class groups!

Prelims Scores after WGI Austin today in Leander at Rouse HS.

Scholastic A:

1 Westlake HS (TX) 82.560

2 Pflugerville HS 81.740

3 Friendswood HS 81.040

4 Winston Churchill HS 80.060

5 Rouse HS 79.710 (yes!!)

6 Langham Creek HS ( Houston) 79.650

7 Keller HS Varsity 79.520

8 New Braunfels HS 79.370

9 Guyer HS ( Denton) 79.050

10 Keller HS A 78.570

Scholastic Open Class:

1 McNeil HS 81.900

2 Dripping Springs HS 78.400

3 Little Elm HS 76.900

4 Flower Mound HS 76.800

5 Leander HS 76.500

6. Dawson HS (Pearland) 75.800

7. Hendrickson HS 75.800

A lot of those scores above in both classes are super close. Things could definitely change after finals tomorrow for everyone except McNeil. Nobody is touching McNeil.

I wasn’t going to go until finals tomorrow but someone talked me into going this evening for the Open and World Class groups. ;)

Can’t wait to see how it all turns out tomorrow afternoon!

The world class is shaping up to be very predictable at the very top. Pride of Cincinnati just clobbered last year's Independent World champion, Paramount, by two points in prelims at WGI Atlanta. (POC's show from Indianapolis is on YouTube, and it's a much more high-octane show than last year's. It's not perfect, but I think it's their best-performed show this early from the past three years. Their skills are out-of-this-world-good.) Avon seems to be similarly dominant in Scholastic World. As far as TX groups go, Bowie seems to be holding down the fort. Very similar score to last year's WGI Austin score. TWHS is right on Bowie's heels in a way that CTJ was last year. This is definitely a significant improvement from the first contest for TWHS (and CTJ as well). If the scores hold (or improve) in Austin finals, both Bowie and TWHS will be in the running for finals at world, but it'll be a pretty tough fight for one of those last few spots. In Independent, it looks like Black Gold has fallen a bit, and CGT Dallas is now back on top. It doesn't appear as though any TX world group will challenge for a medal this year, unfortunately.

McNeil seems well-positioned in Open Class. The A class is (as usual) a bit all over the place.

Wish I could have seen it!

We had our own full day with TCGC competition in Katy. Our jr high won the cadet division again... I missed it though because someone else in the house ran a 1/2 marathon. ☺️

Girl it sounds like your whole life is a marathon! :D

I remember those days. Part of me misses them and part of me doesn’t!

• 2 weeks later...