2019 BOA Houston Regional

Very interesting that BOA announced today that this regional is moving to Katy. Wonder why? I’m excited though. It’s an easier drive for me. :)

From my understanding, our fine arts district was pushing hard to get Legacy Stadium to host marching contests since it opened. The first year the stadium opened, the Katy Marching festival’s structure was overhauled, containing a new prelims/finals system — something they’ve never done before.

As far as I know, this change was done because they were trying to prove to UIL (and eventually BOA) that Katy ISD would be capable of hosting all-day contests.

I had a sneaking suspicion they’d get the BOA, but seeing it actually happen on the website was incredible. I’m hoping to come back as an alum to watch this contest in person and welcome you all to Legacy. Maybe our school will host it :D

From my understanding, our fine arts district was pushing hard to get Legacy Stadium to host marching contests since it opened. The first year the stadium opened, the Katy Marching festival’s structure was overhauled, containing a new prelims/finals system — something they’ve never done before.

From my understanding, this change was done because they were trying to prove to UIL (and eventually BOA) that Katy ISD would be capable of hosting all-day contests.

I had a sneaking suspicion they’d get the BOA, but seeing it actually happen on the site was incredible. I’m hoping to come back as an alum to watch this contest in person and welcome you all to Legacy. Maybe our school will host it :D

Hopefully Leander will hit that one up next fall! Since it’s not a state year for us, hopefully we will attend this Houston regional again.

I’m personally bummed it’s in Katy, but that’s merely due to me being lazy and enjoyed it when BOA Houston was 5 miles away from me.

I also was hoping that the Houston regional would be on a different day than Dallas, considering all the coverage was focused there this past season, but that’s just me being nit picky.

I’m personally bummed it’s in Katy, but that’s merely due to me being lazy and enjoyed it when BOA Houston was 5 miles away from me.

At least you can take 99 all the way down. No need to worry about hectic downtown Houston traffic when this road bypasses all of it. :)

I also was hoping that the Houston regional would be on a different day than Dallas, considering all the coverage was focused there this past season, but that’s just me being nit picky.

I agree with you there; I was hoping for the same thing. Houston needs some love too!!

However I can’t say I’m surprised that the Dallas regional gets lots of attention. It’s a beast of a contest.

Hopefully Leander will hit that one up next fall! Since it’s not a state year for us, hopefully we will attend this Houston regional again.

It'll be interesting to see where exactly the Austin Bands going to Grand Nationals (Leander, Round Rock, Vandegrift) go that weekend. Do they go to Katy to see how they match up with The Woodlands and possibly CTJ, or do they go to Bedford to see how they would match up against Hebron?

It'll be interesting to see where exactly the Austin Bands going to Grand Nationals (Leander, Round Rock, Vandegrift) go that weekend. Do they go to Katy to see how they match up with The Woodlands and possibly CTJ, or do they go to Bedford to see how they would match up against Hebron?

My guess, based on past experience, is Houston. Vandy usually goes as well, along with Ronald Reagan and Round Rock. CTJ usually skips that one. We will see them again in Austin, I’m guessing.