UIL Area D 2019

As compared to 2015, and to a lesser extent 2017, this area is much less stacked, which should allow some newer, as well as older programs that havent seen as much success lately to advance. Connally, Weiss, Dripping Springs, McCallum, SFA, and Hutto are the most likely to advance from my unbiased view. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In my opinion, Hutto got screwed over at Area in 2017. We deserved to be in finals, and when we performed, and other factors played into us not advancing. I was a drum major for Hutto in 2017, and schools that we had beaten by 3+ points all season advanced over us. Hutto got stronger in 2018, and I know they'll be back for vengeance in 2019.

In my opinion, Hutto got screwed over at Area in 2017. We deserved to be in finals, and when we performed, and other factors played into us not advancing. I was a drum major for Hutto in 2017, and schools that we had beaten by 3+ points all season advanced over us. Hutto got stronger in 2018, and I know they'll be back for vengeance in 2019.

I remember to this day having you guys solidly within area finals after I finished watching the entirety of prelims, I too thought you guys should have made it.

I remember to this day having you guys solidly within area finals after I finished watching the entirety of prelims, I too thought you guys should have made it.

It was heartbreaking. That was by far our best season at the time and we knew we deserved to be there. Being a drum major at retreat expecting to hear your school's name called for the first time ever for finals and not having it happened was crushing, but I am so happy to see them continue to grow every year. Ill always remember the memories and Im proud to know I was apart of when we got better. They will soon be at state. 

• 5 months later...

For Weiss, by what I'm being told they've lost both head and assistant directors, Now They have the Brass Caption For The Cadets as their head director and another director from Cadets working as their assistant director. I have a friend that goes to Weiss and they say they love the directors Already and the transition was very smooth. So I don't think they'll have to many problems, which I have to watch out for since we're going up against them for area And other comps.

For Weiss, by what I'm being told they've lost both head and assistant directors, Now They have the Brass Caption For The Cadets as their head director and another director from Cadets working as their assistant director. I have a friend that goes to Weiss and they say they love the directors Already and the transition was very smooth. So I don't think they'll have to many problems, which I have to watch out for since we're going up against them for area And other comps.

Wow. That’s some impressive credentials right there!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...