2019 5A Area I

Wow. so I guess the 2 bands I think will be moving on will be Porter, Galena Park, and then the final spot could go to: Willis, Crosby, Tomball, and/or Magnolia. and that's 6 bands right there. some very good programs will not make it. Oh and I could see Grand Oaks making finals but not state.

Edit: I feel like Area I has a lot of bands that was in Area E in 2017. That year there was 36 bands that qualified and 7 went onto state, and now this year 19 qualified and only 3 will move on from the 7 finalists. so some bands who was working hard to get into Area finals this year will now have to work harder

See y'all Saturday!

KINGWOOD PARK             10:00

CLEVELAND                          10:15

WILLIS                                   10:30

PORTER                                 10:45

MAGNOLIA                          11:00

NEW CANEY                         11:15

LUNCH

MAGNOLIA WEST             12:15

GRAND OAKS                      12:30

A&M CONSOLIDATED     12:45

PORT NECHES-GROVES    1:00

CROSBY                                 1:15

COLLEGE STATION            1:30

BREAK

CANEY CREEK                      2:00

VIDOR                                   2:15

DAYTON                                2:30

GALENA PARK                     2:45

TOMBALL                             3:00

HUNTSVILLE                        3:15

Finals:

Band 1                                   6:00

Band 2                                   6:15

Band 3                                   6:30

Band 4                                   6:45

Band 5                                   7:00

Band 6                                   7:15

Band 7                                   7:30

I’m really hoping to see Magnolia make finals and even advance to state! Would be their first time ever I believe. I think we have a really good show this year but of course I’m partial. Lol I know ALL these kids have worked so hard.

Magnolia has a GREAT shot at finals and advancing!  This year's edition is by far the best Magnolia band I've ever seen.  It's a beautiful show and well designed! 

Porter - Power & Grace

Galena Park - Us and Them

Kingwood Park - Twister

New Caney - The Colors of Emotion

Magnolia West - Winter Is Coming

Willis - Expanding Spaces (Not quite sure on this one)

Grand Oaks - Cityscapes

That’s all I got

Edited to hopefully fix Willis

Willis is correct. We just saw them Tuesday at Region.

I was able to see some of the finalists bands and I thought...

Crosby was definitely clean music and marching wise, first time I had seen them. The Also Sprach Zarathustra worked as a great opener with great dynamic contrast and balance and I loved the Romeo and Juliet rendition! The Elsa's Procession (I believe is what it was) brought the show to a great finish with great fundamentals as well. Their marching was very clean as always.

Tomball's show was pleasant to watch as their uniforms and props gave a good aesthetic, but their marching (I think at least) was also clean and I enjoyed their drill. Sound wise, they were definitely of the most notable having a big sound and great woodwind moments. I definitely saw them in the top 3.

Galena Park was incredible! I thought they had the best sound of all, having not only power but a high level of maturity and balance. Dynamic contrast was on point, and I can't get enough of that Mahler's 2nd in the beginning! Flute and sax soloists (I'm a little fuzzy on whether there was another soloist/s) were amazing. Their marching and visuals were overall very good as well, but hopefully they can kick it up a notch in finals. Definitely my favorite.