2019 BOA Grand National Championships

I’ll preface this by saying this is still my favorite CTJ show to date. But it’s almost too much of a good thing. There’s just so much happening at the end of this show and it’s a bit overwhelming. I would really like to see what CTJ would do if they took a more linear show learning approach like most bands, because I feel like they learn the entire show fast and then find the need to pump way too much stuff into it over the next couple months.

Criticism aside, darn those kids can play, and the soloists are just unreal. Still an amazingly fun show that I think will do really well tonight!!!

I’ll preface this by saying this is still my favorite CTJ show to date. But it’s almost too much of a good thing. There’s just so much happening at the end of this show and it’s a bit overwhelming. I would really like to see what CTJ would do if they took a more linear show learning approach like most bands, because I feel like they learn the entire show fast and then find the need to pump way too much stuff into it over the next couple months.

Criticism aside, darn those kids can play, and the soloists are just unreal. Still an amazingly fun show that I think will do really well tonight!!!

I think CTJ’s track record speaks for itself as far as their approach to learning. I wouldn’t change a thing!!

That's a bummer. In that case I'll try my hand at a few predictions; it's crazy how much more competitive the activity is than when I was doing it.

Leander sweeps 3a (duh)

Class 4a goes Vandy, Avon, Hebron

Avon takes visual, vandy takes GE, Hebron takes music (could go to them or Vandy but imo hebron has closed the cleanliness gap enough for their repertoire to make it a tough decision for the judges)

CTJ makes the top 6, Woodlands is the top group in the bottom half

And finally, these finals are going to be the most epic thing in marching band history  :P

EDIT: rewatching carmel, I think they might actually take visual, which could be enough to bump hebron out of 3rd in 4a. But who knows?