2019 BOA Grand National Championships

so - I refuse to make predictions this year - even with a dog in the hunt.

I have resigned myself to the idea that we need to show what Texas can do - I am excited with the engagement we have seen on the #teamtexas facebook page, excited on the post that I saw that the TXbands crew was going to follow our 6 Texas bands and do something special with a behind the scenes coverage for our Texas bands in Indy since they are not doing the MFA blog. Excited about our gathering in Indy and to get to meet so many people that I chat with on here regularly. Making new like minded band parents is always fun

I got my tickets and my Texas Flag - let the fun begin

Got mine too! Can’t wait to see the Texas invasion!

We are 6 days out, so I will lay out my predictions for the Texas Takeover.

Music: Vandegrift

Visual: Vandegrift

General Effect: TWHS/Leander

1. Vandegrift

2. Avon

3. The Woodlands

4. Leander

5. Carmel

6. Hebron

7. CTJ

8. William Mason

9. Homestead

10. Round Rock

11. Ayala

12. Union

I still see TWHS as a sleeper pick for the eagle. Obviously the likely outcome is Vandegrift coming away with the eagle, with both Hebron and Leander in the hunt as well, but I see TWHS surprising a lot of people. And maybe if it isn't the Eagle, I see them breaking top 3. TWHS has always been the type to make insane improvements the last couple weeks of the season, and for the first time in a while, there is almost a two week gap between BOA SA and Grand Nats. I have a strong feeling that TWHS will be taking advantage of that 10 fold. If cleaned up well, their show could be a GE monster.  

I also see Ayala returning to Finals this year, or at least being the first band out of finals.

I was really hoping to have 5 TX bands in the top 6 this year, but you just can't count out Carmel and Avon. However, (and someone please correct me on this if I'm wrong), we could be seeing the first time where all Texas bands that attend Grand Nats make finals. 

I really wish I could be able to attend Grand Nats this year, but college takes priority, even if Indy is only an hour away ugh. GO TEXAS.

Not sure about Ayala.  Their show seems a bit run-of-the-mill.  Plus, they scored in the mid-80's in prelims and finals at the last BOA show (11/02).  They will need to be spectacular to make it.  

Not sure about Ayala. Their show seems a bit run-of-the-mill. Plus, they scored in the mid-80's in prelims and finals at the last BOA show (11/02). They will need to be spectacular to make it.

Yes but they also beat the competition by 10 points and their score is likely deflated because of the competition they were against (though this season has proven that we can trust scores from contest to contest... Mostly)

Yes but they also beat the competition by 10 points and their score is likely deflated because of the competition they were against (though this season has proven that we can trust scores from contest to contest... Mostly)

Eh.  Maybe.

Look for Marian Catholic to make a triumphant return to finals...

Alright, I’m challenging myself to see all 6 Texas bands on FloMarching 3 times next weekend, in the midst of University Life. I’m ready and willing! Hoping to catch all of finals and some of semis.

What I absolutely love about #TeamTexas this year is that each of the Texas bands has something unique to bring to the table. Leander has exhilarating and fun pop repertoire. TWHS has constant energetic jazz. Hebron has...Hebron music. And Hebron Mellos. Vandegrift transforms the field into an outdoor concert hall with their impeccably clean orchestral repertoire. CTJ jams to lively and vivid film-inspired music. And Round Rock rounds it out with their warm and luscious “Simple Gesture.”

It doesn’t feel like BOA SA is the “end of the season” like it used to for me. However, it’s strange how close the end of the season actually is.

Cannot wait for GN!

I'm hosting a watch party for finals next Saturday and it's going to be a blast. A lot of my friends out here in Abilene know next to nothing about BOA bands and I'm looking forward to "educating" them. Gonna test my setup tonight after today's football game with the St. George stream, but I also just wanna watch BOA...

Weather Update:

I live in Westfield, IN and wanted to give you guys a heads up. 

You will need to bring some heavy coats, not windbreakers or lightweight jackets. Well, it all depends on your tolerance for cold weather. The temps are as follows:

Day                    High                        Low

Wed                   35F                          26                 cloudy

Thur                   39F                          22                 partially cloudy

Fri                      39F                          25                 sunny

Sat                     42F                         26                  partially cloudy

Sun                    47F                          30                 cloudy

As you may know, the high of the day is usually late afternoon, so 5-6PM.

Hope all have a safe trip and good luck at GN.

Weather Update:

I live in Westfield, IN and wanted to give you guys a heads up.

You will need to bring some heavy coats, not windbreakers or lightweight jackets. Well, it all depends on your tolerance for cold weather. The temps are as follows:

Day High Low

Wed 35F 26 cloudy

Thur 39F 22 partially cloudy

Fri 39F 25 sunny

Sat 42F 26 partially cloudy

Sun 47F 30 cloudy

As you may know, the high of the day is usually late afternoon, so 5-6PM.

Hope all have a safe trip and good luck at GN.

Pshhh it's 23 degrees with a feel of 5 degrees here in the Texas panhandle.