2019 BOA Grand National Championships

congrats Vandegrift! They really stepped up their game this year and it payed off. To win grand nationals on their first go, place first across all three levels of competition, and nearly become the first Texas band to win visual in finals is such an incredible accomplishment. Also, they can still lay claim to the title of only band in America that Avon hasn’t beaten, lol

Yay! Congrats to Vandegrift! You waited forever to make your first National Finals appearance, and I’ve been begging for it for forever, but you made it well worth the wait.

Scores seem a bit low for 3rd to 8th, but that might just be because the two best bottom half groups went first. I agree with all the placements, except I’d swap TWHS and Mason. I’m kind of scratching my head about the 17.4 for TWHS in ensemble music. Clearly Box 5 to my ears, and to the two judges that judged them in prelims and semis (19.0 and 18.6). And they sounded much better than Mason. But the difference between placing 7th versus 8th is whatever.

Congrats to Vandegrift! texas has sorely missed the eagle. And I'm glad Hebron won the music caption, not only because they deserve recognition for the challenging repertoires they perform every year, but also because when I saw their standstill preview way back in august, I predicted they'd win it  B) so thanks for proving me right guys