2019 BOA Grand National Championships

Pretty stock technical issues for Leander, we can't seem to escape them. I'm confident they'll be on fire tomorrow though. After watching all of the big dogs I still think leander has the best shot at GE and the best overall design. I also think vandy just won pre lims. All I can say is wow. Avon and Carmel sound great, but I feel like there should be a considerable margin in terms of ensemble music scores (cant speak for individual). The controlled volume vandy, ctj, leander, Hebron, and the woodlands put out is unmatched imo.

Pretty stock technical issues for Leander, we can't seem to escape them. I'm confident they'll be on fire tomorrow though. After watching all of the big dogs I still think leander has the best shot at GE and the best overall design. I also think vandy just won pre lims. All I can say is wow. Avon and Carmel sound great, but I feel like there should be a considerable margin in terms of ensemble music scores (cant speak for individual). The controlled volume vandy, ctj, leander, Hebron, and the woodlands put out is unmatched imo.

I think Music between Avon/Carmel and the Texas groups will be closer than expected, but that's just a prediction. I think Hebron could easily win music over Vandy if the stars align tomorrow night (had to make the pun)

I think you misread the comment. They were saying Vandy beat all of the others in SA.

and I think that the point that has been made before was that this competition is no longer SA - in 2016 the lowest BOA SA finalist that came to GN finished as the top Texas Band at GN - Cedar Park - 

the shows have had 2 weeks, all have polished and some have made some major changes to their shows. Reagan's not here, let's just support the 6 Texas bands that are - 

Round Rock tonight and then we get to see our Texas Bands move to Semi's

Can someone more knowledgeable let me

Know how much the electronics issues hurt Leander? Class awards are tonight correct? Did that performance just ruin those chances?

No penalty today; just a stern warning for next time. 

Class awards are tomorrow. And Leander has absolutely no threat whatsoever of losing anything in their class.

Can someone more knowledgeable let me

Know how much the electronics issues hurt Leander? Class awards are tonight correct? Did that performance just ruin those chances?

It certainly didn't help them, but the issues themselves likely just had a negligible effect on the score, if any. The more likely case is that since they started late they may have took longer to get off the field then they should have, which could result in a penalty; but for Grand National Prelims Leander isn't in any danger whatsoever of missing out on Semi's if you ask me. 

I have a question about the judges/adjudicators as well.  Is it the same panel for all 3 stages and do they just switch positions, or are they entirely new panels each time compromised of new judges...or is it somewhere in the middle where maybe a judge does one but maybe another does a couple stages, etc.  Even though I was formerly in band I can't remember this aspect.  Thanks, I was just curious.