2019 BOA Grand National Championships

After today I wouldn't be surprised if CTJ places in the top five (maybe even medal?) They were REALLY good, excusing a few dirty lines here and there. I loved that little solo-off between the trombone and sax (trombone totally won, hence why he got the last solo). Personally believe that CTJ will beat Carmel. Not sure about Avon and William Mason as I couldn't see them. I liked Bassett's show, thought it was very cute. Also liked the transition into Heart and Soul. I caught Carmel's closer and I could notice quite a bit of intonation issues along with some ensemble visual problems that they'll have cleaned up by finals. I liked the show much more than previous shows and I hope they can fix up their show real good for finals (not TOO well, sorry Carmel but I want TeamTexas to take this one)

CTJ brought down the house tonight. Awesome showing for them, some dirt but that is a great show and I agree that that show was much improved from San Antonio boa. I was impressed with Avon as well tonight and I have to take back my previous snoozer tag for Carmel. I enjoyed their show despite some marching issues.

CTJ brought down the house tonight. Awesome showing for them, some dirt but that is a great show and I agree that that show was much improved from San Antonio boa. I was impressed with Avon as well tonight and I have to take back my previous snoozer tag for Carmel. I enjoyed their show despite some marching issues.

I have to admit that in my opinion - Avon is the one to beat in today's showings - but CTJ had the best run of the year and that show rocked. many changes from BOA SA,  some that went in last night - I watched the show from the box at the side 2 40 yard line - it was amazing. that dual of sax VS trombone was something else.

I noticed that they again got 2 standing ovations - one after the "cant wait to be king" and again after the closer - loving the changes in the closer as well.

great way to start of the Texas Invasion - cant wait for tomorrows Texas Bands - let's do this

Finally found videos of all the ones I wanted to see yesterday.  I have questions!  Can someone briefly tell me the boundaries of the field?  Watching CTJ they seemed to really flirt with them. I'm quite certain they were very safe, but I don't understand where they are!  What happens if a flag touches the ground over the boundary or a rifle is dropped and bounces out?  Would they get it or leave it?  At what point do they all have to be "inside" the boundary - after the announcement finished??  So many questions....   

I have to admit that in my opinion - Avon is the one to beat in today's showings - but CTJ had the best run of the year and that show rocked. many changes from BOA SA, some that went in last night - I watched the show from the box at the side 2 40 yard line - it was amazing. that dual of sax VS trombone was something else.

I noticed that they again got 2 standing ovations - one after the "cant wait to be king" and again after the closer - loving the changes in the closer as well.

great way to start of the Texas Invasion - cant wait for tomorrows Texas Bands - let's do this

Absolutely, I noticed that on flo marching as well. CTJ just oozes energy during their performance. Avon was very good as was William Mason in my opinion, but Texas bias here, CTJ won the night.

Panther Creek brought it this morning! I made predictions for 24 spots, this might just be 25th, or even mess with those predictions. I love Firefly, loved it when Lincoln-Way Community played it, loved it here today!

James Madison (VA) is also doing good things this morning! Looking for a spot around 20th, maybe higher with a good semis run.

Unfortunately for me, I have an 8AM, so I miss the Best Vandy Bandy this time around. I'll be booking it to the library to try to catch the end of Hebron.