Important! Austin ISD changes

Ok, so I’ve been told that AISD is considering cutting fine arts/magnet programs and anyone who transferred to a school like McCallum to attend the magnet program will have to go to the school they’re zoned to. There is a meeting at McCallum’s cafeteria to speak against these changes from 5:30-8:00. I am not 100% on all of this, but this is coming from a person at McCallum.

This isn't good at all. If you are in the area and you can make it to that meeting, get out there. If I wasn't 1.5 hours away (due to traffic at this time of day from my town) I'd show up. We are losing so much funding for fine arts, and the fine arts are so important in education. Okay the educator in me is going back to my corner. 

So anything on the outcome of this meeting? Any legs to these rumors? AISD is facing a budget shortfall, alot due to the stats recapture policies, so they are really working on cutting as much as they can where they can. 

Yeah sorry, I don't have any other news. I was only told about this from a person at McCallum, so I spread it.