2019 5A State

How would I find scores from various contests this year?  Is there a master database?  Individual contests can vary wildly in their efforts to stay up to date.  Some just have skeletal Facebook pages.

I'd like to see how various Austin 5A bands have done in events where they've competed against schools from farther away.

Cedar Park and and Dripping Springs as the first two is going to set a crazy base line for the whole contest and I'm interested to see how well they cope with those early spots. Don't think it was necessarily a nod to 2017 but....

CP has never had an issue going first. In 2017 they went first in finals. DS will be ready to go. Luckily Cedar Park is staying in San Antonio the night before. Travel time will be next to none and they may be able to sneak in a practice before (and if they make) finals.

CP has never had an issue going first. In 2017 they went first in finals. DS will be ready to go. Luckily Cedar Park is staying in San Antonio the night before. Travel time will be next to none and they may be able to sneak in a practice before (and if they make) finals.

To be fair though, in 2017 CP going first can be seen as an advantage. They were able to have a normal warm up and were not effected by the adverse weather outside like everyone else was. Plus if I recall the moisture may have played a part in the electronics issues that DS had right before their performance. I do agree that both of those programs are going to be ready to roll when it come time though! Wish I could be there in person to see it!

If a band in that Area is unable to attend or is disqualified, the alternate band takes their place.  Yes, it has happened before.

Back in my 80's North Mesquite days, we KNEW that the administration wouldn't pay for us to go to state (they would football, of course back then) so we gave up our spot to Lakeview Centennial, I believe.  

Back in my 80's North Mesquite days, we KNEW that the administration wouldn't pay for us to go to state (they would football, of course back then) so we gave up our spot to Lakeview Centennial, I believe.  

My wife Graduated from North Mesquite in 83, small world.   She was in the Drill Team though and not the band, but give her credit that she did marry a Band guy!

So wakeland Got third place in 3A at San Antonio behind Cedar park I think wakeland is about to blow our minds on Monday and I'm all for it.

I think it is safe to say Lebanon Trail, Wakeland, and Lonestar all are about to do really good at state with how competitive they were at Area B.

No one is really talking about Area F, but Burleson Centennial and Aledo both were amazing at BOA SA, although not even Wakeland made finals, sad. Roma’s performance literally left me in tears, it was so good haha. Can’t wait to see how these groups do on Monday, there’s too little spots for the amount of greatness, top 12 could go anyway really.