2019 5A State

At TMC Weiss came in 11th place just barely missing finals by .088 with their score being 77.925. I think we could see them in finals and maybe top 5 they placed over Dripping Springs At Vista Ridge and placing 11th at a competition like TMC isn't something to be overlooked. They had an early performance time (10:00) and still were able to pull off an impressive run despite the cold and having to be at their school at 5:00am. I think they'll place well.

I really enjoy the Weiss show. They were great at Vista Ridge and I didn't get to see them yesterday. We left San Antonio when they had their run.

Question, the coolest general effect is their entrance to the field. Since that happens before the clock starts, do they get judged on that?

I don't know actually, if it is I don't doubt it'll just add points. But probably not as judging starts once the clock starts, but it is a nice way to keep the judges attention on them at all times.

I am fairly confident the 5A UIL State title will remain in LISD....but which school??? Rouse looked great yesterday. So did Cedar Park. Should be an exciting finish!!

The finish should be exciting. CP had a different show for finals at TMC than they had for prelims. The prelim show was much cleaner as it was the show they learned last week. The closer was a mess in finals as there were some changes made between prelims and finals (from a CP student) that affected the crispness of the unit. I wouldn't count out Dripping Springs yet. 5A in SA is going to be a blast to watch.

From what I heard (remember this is from a student and should not be taken as gospel) there was a change between prelims and finals that caused some confusion.

Ohhhh! I thought you meant that a student changed the drill. Yes that would be difficult to change the drill between prelims and finals, but certainly doable for CP. I can’t wait to see y’all again this Saturday!

Any thoughts on Colleyville? They placed very well at the Birdville Invitational.

Birdville is a good contest but not the deepest contest so I don't know how much I would rely on that finish for an Area or State prediction.  That being said, beating Centennial is pretty big...they've been strong this season.  Colleyville has a good shot, IMO. 

The finish should be exciting. CP had a different show for finals at TMC than they had for prelims. The prelim show was much cleaner as it was the show they learned last week. The closer was a mess in finals as there were some changes made between prelims and finals (from a CP student) that affected the crispness of the unit. I wouldn't count out Dripping Springs yet. 5A in SA is going to be a blast to watch.

From what I heard (remember this is from a student and should not be taken as gospel) there was a change between prelims and finals that caused some confusion.

I think the biggest change we had was the length of the preshow (the part with the narration). They made it shorter and less drawn out than it had been the past few weeks. From what I remember, I believe that was the only major change.