2019 BOA San Antonio

Vandegrift definitely proved me wrong today, they were fantastic!! Musically it might've been the best performance of the day, better than Reagan even. I think visually it could be a little bit cleaner ensemble-wise, but they are definitely medalist contenders.

Leander had a very impressive performance as well. Maybe it was because they went right after Vandy, but it fell just a tiny bit short for me. Was still a great performance nonetheless and I see them as a solid top half group.

Locks so far for me: Reagan, CTJ, Vandegrift, Leander

I'm certainly no expert and really struggle when it comes to noticing individual marching technique, but I thought it looked really clean throughout. Maybe the uniforms play a trick on me?

Just some formations and foot timing in some areas. The way Vandegrift presents themselves really exposes their performance and nothing they do is easy so keep that in mind. It was extremely good! I just think they have another level which is good for these coming weeks.