2019 BOA San Antonio

I dont ever get rocket mortgage ads and I watch on high cam. Do you think that makes the difference. Those of you who get the ads, are you watching on Multi-cam?

Since I have been keeping mine on  high cam on and not switching between the two, I don't seem to have the issues.  Keeping my fingers crossed that continues!    

Where does Vista Ridge get those soloists? Honestly they have had the best solo features for the last two years.

Just glad the mic’s worked for the solos, Someone left a water bottle by the soundboard prior to going into the dome and it spilled on the soundboard. You did not get to hear all the pre show or front ensemble, but the solo’s worked. Hope we can fix for finals!

I LOVE the saxophone! But I wish! Wish! That maybe they had different soloists? At times it feels like saxophone soloist and company

I wish we could see all of the talent we know Vista Ridge has in a variety of soloists like last year! Not just one soloist that keeps playing and playing and playing

I will admit it does get a tad bit repetitive

I LOVE the saxophone! But I wish! Wish! That maybe they had different soloists? At times it feels like saxophone soloist and company

I wish we could see all of the talent we know Vista Ridge has in a variety of soloists like last year! Not just one soloist that keeps playing and playing and playing

I feel the same way. But still a great performance and show! Maybe because their show was so emotional last year but Turning Tables feels a little cold imo

Pretty much the perfect description of UIL. :lol:

And this is coming from an old dude. I've been doing this marching band thing for over 50 years. I've seen a lot of changes and hate to see something as insignificant as a time penalty at Region keep someone from their chance to make State. It's not like when you get a time penalty at BOA and that keeps you out of the finals. If you're on the bubble in the prelims, that is ultimately what kept you from making finals, but getting off late at region keeping you from going to Area is ridiculous.

Thankfully, somebody uploaded Marcus on YouTube. Makes me want to sing the Reading Rainbow theme song! This was a fine performance. They've managed to combine the cuteness and musicality of the Drinkwater shows with a more demanding visual program. They still produce a wonderful, warm, resonant ensemble sound, and the soloists are still amazing. Lots of amazing technique from the woodwinds. Guard was killing it, too. Maybe the 2nd best guard I've seen at the contest (after TWHS). It makes me look forward to WGI next year. Overall, the show is not *quite* as grand or as polished as the Drinkwater-era shows, but I think Marcus will be around in finals for years to come.

I totally get this and feel this way with most shows that feature a soloist throughout. But that doesnt change the fact that I'm still wowed by them. I do wish the music had more emphasis on the full ensemble.