2019 BOA San Antonio

So if anyone has the ability to screen capture tomorrow could you do Plano East at 10:15 am? They are not a finals contender but I would like to he able to rewatch their show (my son is an alumni). You can PM the link if you don't wanr to make public. I will not distribute to anyone except my son and a few family members!

I didn’t want to make a list for the day because it would be horribly incorrect, so I made categories...that are still probably horribly incorrect.

Each grouping could be in any order imo.

Reagan - My clear favorite in visual and GE. May not win music but they will be hard to beat.

All three gave awesome performances that truly blew me away:

FloMo

Vandegrift

Leader

CTJ - felt off. Low energy. Still the depth of the show will keep them in top half easily.

Keller - A step down in design (so many Nats attendees!) from the ones above but a definite step up in demand from the ones below in my opinion.

Huge group that could go any way:

Cedar Park

Coppell

Vista Murrieta

Bowie

Westlake

Cedar Ridge

Westwood

Rouse

Outside chance but still great:

Clear Brook

Lake Travis

Round Rock

I didn’t want to make a list for the day because it would be horribly incorrect, so I made categories...that are still probably horribly incorrect.

Each grouping could be in any order imo.

Reagan - My clear favorite in visual and GE. May not win music but they will be hard to beat.

All three gave awesome performances that truly blew me away:

FloMo

Vandegrift

Leader

CTJ - felt off. Low energy. Still the depth of the show will keep them in top half easily.

Keller - A step down in design (so many Nats attendees!) from the ones above but a definite step up in demand from the ones below in my opinion.

Huge group that could go any way:

Cedar Park

Coppell

Vista Murrieta

Bowie

Westlake

Cedar Ridge

Westwood

Rouse

Outside chance but still great:

Clear Brook

Lake Travis

Round Rock

Interesting how you have RR so low, I have RR in that huge group, but I could see them easily making finals.

Interesting how you have RR so low, I have RR in that huge group, but I could see them easily making finals.

This is just my (probably bad) opinion so Round Rock could definitely be fighting for finals! Although, judges have consistently nailed RR at this competition for less than stellar design. The kids are so talented and deserve better.

Had to leave right after Leander, but these are my rankings of all until then. More or less.

Reagan
Vandegrift
Leander
CTJ
Bowie
Keller
Cedar Ridge
Westwood
Keller Central
Westlake
Alexander
Clear Brook
Hendrickson
Tompkins
United
Forney
Del Rio

New Braunfels
O’Connor
Madison
Katy
Steele
Paetow
Waller
Lehman
Legacy
McCollum
Palmview
Smithson Valley
Eastview
Robstown
Jourdanton

As spectators it is difficult to judge these bands and Judges. What I mean by that is  the judges have seen hours and hours of bands, so we can already assume they know who they were judging and which bands needed to be judged accordingly to ensure the best possible outcomes. Some of these groups are famous and though we want to believe that judges are impartial their not, but there is a reason those groups are well known....they are good! 

This is not defending or insulting the system merely pointing out the facts. 

Just saw Vandegrift, easily one of the best ensemble sounds I've heard this year. Second only to Hebron in my opinion, as far as pure music goes. You really hear all the colors when they play. Woodwinds are allowed to be heard! They're really trying to be a marching wind ensemble, not just going for a drum corps brass sound. And that trombone soloist really killed it, great tone -- and just the right amount of edge.

Lots of bus issues yesterday plus that awful terrible accident on I 35 early yesterday morning. Everyone be safe heading back to the dome this morning and have a fantastic day! I’ll give my thoughts on the shows when I have a chance. I’m just trying to absorb every spectacular moment in this insane competition.