2019 BOA San Antonio

The best fajitas in San Antonio is at Taco Palenque. Also, go to Pico De Gallo or Mi Tierra! Mi Tierra is a tourist trap but delicious! And the bakery is awesome.

I just got an email from MFA about the tickets. They said that they have all been shipped. But if I don’t get them by Thursday of next week, they would leave some at will call for me!

The best fajitas in San Antonio is at Taco Palenque. Also, go to Pico De Gallo or Mi Tierra! Mi Tierra is a tourist trap but delicious! And the bakery is awesome.

I just got an email from MFA about the tickets. They said that they have all been shipped. But if I don’t get them by Thursday of next week, they would leave some at will call for me!

I got a similar email.  They also said GN tickets go out next week.

Predictions for BOA 2019 San Antonio.

*These predictions are made from watching all of these shows, and analyzing trends on how these bands have been performing in past competitions. These predictions may or may not be correct.*

1st. Ronald Reagan HS 

2nd. Flower Mound HS

3rd. Vandegrift HS

4th. Hebron HS 

5th. Leander HS 

6th. Claudia Taylor Johnson HS 

7th. Vista Ridge HS 

8th. The Woodlands HS 

9th. Marcus HS 

10th. Keller HS 

11th. James Bowie HS

12th. Cedar Park HS 

*********************************** FINALS 

13th. Lake Travis HS

14th. Cedar Ridge HS 

15th. Coppell HS 

**These 3 listen above will most likely fight for a place in finals, but any of the unlisted bands can be in those spots.

*These predictions are made from watching all of these shows, and analyzing trends on how these bands have been performing in past competitions. These predictions may or may not be correct.*

1st. Ronald Reagan HS 

2nd. Flower Mound HS

3rd. Vandegrift HS

4th. Hebron HS 

5th. Leander HS 

7th. Vista Ridge HS 

8th. The Woodlands HS 

9th. Marcus HS 

10th. Keller HS 

11th. James Bowie HS

12th. Cedar Park HS 

13th. Lake Travis HS

14th. Cedar Ridge HS 

15th. Coppell HS 

**These 3 listen above will most likely fight for a place in finals, but any of the unlisted bands can be in those spots.

LD Bell slip your mind?

You should definitely head down to the Riverwalk and explore all of the shops and restaurants around there. You should also check out the area around the Alamo, Rivercenter mall, and La Villita. My favorite restaurant that I go to every year when I'm down for BOA San Antonio is Rosario's which isn't on the Riverwalk but is fairly close. 

Rosarios is good but, a block north is Francis Bogside.  They have great food and burgers are AWESOME.  Its a small quiet place but, VERY nice!

Updated Schedule for BOA San Antonio

Saturday Prelims Schedule As of 10/21/2019

(Panel 2)
Marcus H.S., TX 7:00 
San Benito H.S., TX 7:15 
Hebron H.S., TX 7:30 
La Joya H.S., TX 7:45 
Timber Creek H.S., TX 8:00 
Burleson Centennial H.S., TX 8:15 
Wylie East H.S., TX 8:30 
Mission Veterans Memorial H.S., TX 8:45 
Klein Oak H.S., TX 9:00 
Pearland H.S., TX 9:15 

BREAK 9:30

(Panel 1)
The Woodlands H.S., TX 9:45 
Roma H.S., TX 10:00 
Plano East Senior H.S., TX 10:15 
Pioneer H.S., TX 10:30 
Hidalgo Early College H.S., TX 10:45 
Cy-Fair H.S., TX 11:00 
Oak Ridge H.S., TX  11:15 
Edinburg North H.S., TX 11:30 
Clear Creek H.S., TX 11:45 
Wakeland H.S., TX 12:00 
George Ranch H.S., TX 12:15 

BREAK 12:30

(Panel 2)
Friendswood H.S., TX 12:45 
Wylie H.S., TX 1:00 
Granbury H.S., TX 1:15 
College Park H.S., TX 1:30 
James E. Taylor H.S., TX  1:45 
Dawson H.S., TX 2:00 
Juarez-Lincoln H.S., TX  2:15 
Prosper H.S., TX 2:30 
North Shore Senior H.S., TX 2:45 
L.D. Bell H.S., TX 3:00 
Aledo H.S., TX 3:15 
EXHIBITION: UT Austin 3:30 

Marcus and Hebron pulling the EARLY time slots is a bit unfortunate for them

Marcus and Hebron pulling the EARLY time slots is a bit unfortunate for them

Last year Vista Ridge drew an early performance time like that. Their run was like an awesome double shot of espresso for the crowd. And for the band? It started the kind of week everyone dreams about.

Marcus and Hebron should have no trouble making Finals from that performance time, even if everyone involved would prefer to be sleeping.

Speaking of sleep, they might even go back to the Hotel for a nap while we all stay and tensely watch a long day of drama unfold.

I can't wait!

1st. Ronald Reagan HS

2nd. Flower Mound HS

3rd. Vandegrift HS

4th. Hebron HS

5th. Leander HS

7th. Vista Ridge HS

8th. The Woodlands HS

9th. Marcus HS

10th. Keller HS

11th. James Bowie HS

12th. Cedar Park HS

13th. Lake Travis HS

14th. Cedar Ridge HS

15th. Coppell HS

There will be 14 bands in finals, not 12.

1st. Ronald Reagan HS 

2nd. Flower Mound HS

3rd. Vandegrift HS

4th. Hebron HS 

5th. Leander HS 

7th. Vista Ridge HS 

8th. The Woodlands HS 

9th. Marcus HS 

10th. Keller HS 

11th. James Bowie HS

12th. Cedar Park HS 

13th. Lake Travis HS

14th. Cedar Ridge HS 

15th. Coppell HS 

L.D. Bell, Westwood, 14 bands make finals. 

Last year Vista Ridge drew an early performance time like that. Their run was like an awesome double shot of espresso for the crowd. And for the band? It started the kind of week everyone dreams about.

Marcus and Hebron should have no trouble making Finals from that performance time, even if everyone involved would prefer to be sleeping.

Speaking of sleep, they might even go back to the Hotel for a nap while we all stay and tensely watch a long day of drama unfold.

I can't wait!

I do wish the Alamodome would get a coffee bar! There’s one little area down by all the T-shirt vendors where they sell coffee and pastries in the mornings but you would think there would be a coffee kiosk. :lol:

My daughter and I plan to be there bright and early, watch awhile and then go find some lunch downtown. I’m digging the new way they are doing the schedule now where they block the powerhouses together rather than spread them out all day long. Same with GN. More time to explore! :)

EDIT:  Apologizing for the EXTREME insensitivity of my comment.  :(

I do wish the Alamodome would get a coffee bar! There’s one little area down by all the T-shirt vendors where they sell coffee and pastries in the mornings but you would think there would be a coffee kiosk. :lol:

My daughter and I plan to be there bright and early, watch awhile and then go find some lunch downtown. I’m digging the new way they are doing the schedule now where they block the powerhouses together rather than spread them out all day long. Same with GN. More time to explore! :)

Sad for those who aren't "powerhouses" though.  When half the crowd gets up and leaves when a band takes the field. :(

Got the email, too. I guess since I'm farther out, she told me if I don't receive the package by Wednesday they'll set up will-call.

I can't wait!

Marcus for sure will get nap time. I'm pretty sure (I have connections) Hebron will too. It's the only way to survive a day that starts at 3am.

Hey, can any predict what Cedar Park, Cedar Ridge, Coppell, Bowie and Westwood are at score wise? Also, do you think Bowie's score was inflated because of lack of competition (I am just wondering) As in predict, I mean that if you recently saw any of these bands and you had to give them a score, what would it be. I know there are many factors but just a rough estimate